October 12th, 2004- OHC Completed.. Pics, Pg 6..

Dirty Rockstar

My pants kick ass.. lol.. Yea, I got it juiced up.. No pics.. Caam is.. Lying dead somewhere.. lol.. But its basically done.. Now I need to get my HVAC in and my DIC.. Sunroof, and so on..

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dirty Rockstar

• Baddflash

• slick

• jeremy

Right on can't wait to see how it looks, good job. This is definately one of the toughest most involved mods I've attempted on this car.

Just went out to size things up to find some little shit tried stealing the emblem off the grille and snapped it in half. Little #*(%*%&*%#***&%*#(%& :verymad: :dammit: I've had it with this shit, I'm leaving this city for sure.

Sort of lost the ambition to work on the car so I'm gonna go bush beat a car with a buddy.

Guest Anonymous

steve, would you mind englitening me why you need the knobs from my 95's HVAC controls?

what year is this DIc that you are putting in... im rather confused as to what you are doing.

steve, would you mind englitening me why you need the knobs from my 95's HVAC controls?

what year is this DIc that you are putting in... im rather confused as to what you are doing.

Baddflash has it figured out.. lol.. Im adding a 3 knob HVAC setup.. I hate the pushbuttons, lol.. Got a line on a set though here.. Gonna go check em out... Maybe tomorrow!

Update: 9/30/04: First off, I had the unit in,. and it functioned flawlessly.. I was happy.. I lost my camnera, and I didnt get any pics.. Sorry.. Its ok though, cause this project got thron back a few steps.. One of my idiotic friends was oggling at the UB3.. He dropped it.. And shattered it.. Now, it is a non functioning pile of "Looks cool".. Not to worry.. I have another one on the way, ansd my stock gaue cluste rin there for now.. I also am nearing cmpletion of my OHC.. I got the front button Bezel done and the DIC button bezel.. Thew Sunroof controls' home kinda just "appened, so that's a plus. I had myt friend snap some pics of it, and will have them up here soon. THe HVAC wiring is the only thing holding off the addition of the DIC to my car.. We got it basically figured out thugh.. Just got a splice, solder, and tuck.. And I need to Fiberglass the housing for it to the dash.. I just wanted to let everyone know I haven't quit on this yet.. I have every intention of finishing it.. It will be done very soon.. I just got setback.. Thanks! And watch for updates in the future! 8)

And you punched your friend in the face...right? lol j/k.

I wish I could put a UB3 in my car, but I can't. I think those dashes are freaking awesome, not to mention that one is going in a lumina.

I gave the guy a stern talking to.. And a punch to the arm.. Im sure its POSSIBLE to wire it into your car, but making it mount right, and look stock.. Not gay.. Is where the challenge is.. Although, I'm a man who loves a challenge.. This thread kinda shows that.. As for the old, Im gonna keep it.. Gonna experiment with the odomaeter.. Cause that side only got cracked.. The side w/ the speedois the one that shattered..

He f'ed up your project and all he got was a lousy punch to the arm? Ida gave him a swift kick in the junk :oops: !!!

Sorry to hear about it, though. BTW, did ya get the knobs off of that GP up at the new U-Pull yet?

Sorry to hear about the UB3 being killed. If it makes you feel any better I cracked the tinted cover for mine. :oops: I still need to sort out the buttons for mine and get a razor saw so I can hack up the cuttys dash cover for the idi. lights writing.

This is certainly one challenging project, actually one of the toughest because the finish is so important.

I'm really curious to see how your's turned out and how close it is to how I've done mine.

I've thought about what I'd do to the person the f'd my digi dash up, and I couldn't decide on anything but certain death, you must be a very forgiving person. Hope you don't have to re-customize anything else to get it working again.

He f'ed up your project and all he got was a lousy punch to the arm? Ida gave him a swift kick in the junk :oops: !!!

Sorry to hear about it, though. BTW, did ya get the knobs off of that GP up at the new U-Pull yet?

Hey.. Yea, I was pissed.. Insted of killing him, I just decided this route.. I wuoted him the $300+ GM Price Tag on these.. The number may not make sense, but he doesnt need to know that.. I went to the new UPull, and I was impressed.. however, 2 of the HVC knobs were gone, and the other.. Broken, on the seat.. I grabbed it up anyway.. I also grabbed one more Lumina one.. Of the style your Mrs. drives.. So,I have a complete set of those (All 3 w/o the rr Defog push).. But, I found the ULTIMATE set.. 3 of them.. From a 96-8 Oldmobuile Achieva.. hehe.. Unscathed! And I was pleased! Ill be headin back out there sometime Im sure of it..

Sorry to hear about the UB3 being killed. If it makes you feel any better I cracked the tinted cover for mine. :oops: I still need to sort out the buttons for mine and get a razor saw so I can hack up the cuttys dash cover for the idi. lights writing.

This is certainly one challenging project, actually one of the toughest because the finish is so important.

I'm really curious to see how your's turned out and how close it is to how I've done mine.

I've thought about what I'd do to the person the f'd my digi dash up, and I couldn't decide on anything but certain death, you must be a very forgiving person. Hope you don't have to re-customize anything else to get it working again.

Yea.. You DEFINATELYT need a Dremmel or some kind of power tool to cut through this ABS plastic.. It BLOWS!! lol.. Good luck!.. As for mounting, I recommend cutting each button hole out from the Cutty's overlay.. The 2 for the trip and reset, and the EM button.. Cut them out, and use THEM as button templates.. Whenever I get a pic of my OHC, you'll see how I did it.. I am not very forgiving.. I just strategize.. I found the best way it would benefit me.. Plus the kid is 17.. Im 19.. lmao.. So, Im gettin a nice payoff.. No hyper recustomization is needed on my part.. Just drop it back in the housing.. Except I need some gorilla glue to reglue some parts that broke.. God DAMMIT Im pissed.. lol.. Oh well.. I didnt like the way my face bezel came out anyway!

Update- 10/7/2004- Got the OHC glued, bondoed, and primed.. Here are some pics highlighting the process I ave done with this..

274035_107_full.jpg

This is from Day 1.. It is how the OHC looked when I got it home and hacked the center light part out..

274035_130_full.jpg

This is how it looked Saturday night this past week.. I think like the 1st or something..

274035_128_full.jpg

Another view.. Before Bondoing and Gorilla glue.. Looks alright.. I love the 3M Super Adhesive, but Im glad its all gone now..

274035_131_full.jpg

After a massage session with gorilla glue, I bondoed the fuck out of it..

274035_134_full.jpg

Another view of the "Bondo is cheap, AND plentiful" approach to it..

274035_133_full.jpg

The Primered product.. Kicks total ass.. YOu can begin to see how I plan to function everything a little more clearly now..

274035_135_full.jpg

Another finished view.. God, I do good work because I have to be perfect..

This is where I have been focusing my energey for the last couple weeks.. THis needs to be done to house all the functions when its all done.. I have the new UB3 cluster and that is almost ready for final install.. Just need to figure out the idiot lights, but I may pull a shortcut and just use the printed circuits supplied w/ the Cutlass UB3.. Just to get this thing done a little quicker.. I am sick of it not being done..

On the HVAC front, the blower switch has been figured out.. I will need to have a primary override switch wired to the unit because the Lumina uses a 2 wire "jump" for the off position,. while the GP uses one.. Buttfuckin GM and their silly ass quirks.. Oh well..

As for my car as a whole, I am rather tired of it, and right now feel like pulling off on a hill, and leaving it in Neutral, letting it roll, and not look back.. Its just the body work my friends is slated for completion mid July, 2004... Catch that? Fuckin A.. All that's been done is what I have done and that's gixing the Z34 bumper skirting.. Dammit.. I am gettin burned on the Digital Warrior Project real fast... Oh well.. Ill change my tune tomorrow.. Feedback is a plus here, and helps me want to keep going.. Until next time.. See ya..[/img]

i gotta admit when you first laid out the OHC priject to me i was skeptical

you do beautiful work, i don't think i could have pulled it off that good, keep up the good work man, don't give up.

Ya know, I really dont know..

lol.. jk.. Guys, thisn is my friend Peter.. He has been nothing but HELPFUL with me on the HVAC work.. This guy is great, and give him a nice welcome!

Thanks also for all your comments! :D

Dude! That shit is awesome!! I was really wondering how well this was gonna turn out when you first posted pics of those two control panels cut off the DIC, but hell, that OHC looks badass! I can't wait to see the UB3 dash!