October 12th, 2004- OHC Completed.. Pics, Pg 6..

Dirty Rockstar

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dirty Rockstar

• Baddflash

• slick

• jeremy

I've been thinking about this swap since I got the dic in, but wasn't sure how it would work in a Lumina with it's sparse wiring due to the lack of options they had. I'm curious to see how that part goes, as far as the installation that's how i planned on making it fit. Dremels rock for sure. :peace:

Very interesting what you're planning with the dic install, are you planning on hooking the buttons up at all? if not how will you set/use the functions?

How are you going to mount the whole unit to the roof? are there mount points already there?

Very cool projects, will totally kick ass when done. Lumina's just need the love chevy never gave them. :D Keep up the good work, good luck.

Thanks BaddFlash.. Yea.. I plan to install the OHC SOMEHGOE to the headliner.. That'll get squared away when the sunroof goes in.. Im gonna work on the housing a bit more today.. That'll be completed after a minor setback.. Also gonna throw my new DingBox in as well.. Gonna wing it when I get out there.. lol.. I'll have pics of any proigress I decide to make today..

Not really had time.. Im lookin foir a job.. I did get passed the last setback.. lol.. Just need to find some time.. Also, the Operations lights NOT integrated in the UB3 I built the housing for.. Ill get workin on it maybe tonight since my interview kinda fell through this morning.. :?

Just wondering if you've figured out all the wiring issues for the guages.

Cause there's a few I'm not sure about and maybe you could help me.

C10 "Display dim enable" - can you just hook this up to the parking lights?

C14 "ground to G101"- is that one of the lines already on a lumina cluster or does it have to be run and from where?

D10 "VF dimmer input"- would you just hook this up to the dimmer line with C11? Or should it have it's own control???

This is assuming the volt guage gets it's signal from the datastream or the charge idi. (D4) and the volt guage are connected. If so will the lumina's charge light signal work?

I know you may not be there yet but I know those are issues you have to deal with as does anyone else willing to attempt this mod. So if you haven't figured that out maybe someone else can help.

Otherwise everything else looks to be too easy, minus making it fit of course.

Just wondering if you've figured out all the wiring issues for the guages.

Cause there's a few I'm not sure about and maybe you could help me.

C10 "Display dim enable" - can you just hook this up to the parking lights?

C14 "ground to G101"- is that one of the lines already on a lumina cluster or does it have to be run and from where?

D10 "VF dimmer input"- would you just hook this up to the dimmer line with C11? Or should it have it's own control???

C10- This is just like on the factory stereos.. You hit the lights, the clock/frequency display dims.. I am not hooking this in as my parking lights are on in the day, and I don't really give a flying fuck about night time

C14- Just a ground point. Same as on the Lumina, except the Lumina's ground, one is BW, on the Cutlass, both black.

D10- This is just as it states. It will dim the unit with the rest of the interior lighting.. Hooks into the wire on the Lumina's UB3 pin C11..

Hope this helps Baddflash.. I looked at the wiring before I even began making it work.. Now, I feel like dying, so I'm gonna go clean the house for the rest of the night..

Guest Anonymous

I would be iinterested in seeing a picture of what the interior is currently like with all this work going on! Sounds like alot... but it will pay off when iits done..

I know from when i put that 89 DIC into my 95. Damn was that job. So I could only imagine what you're going through. Keep the pics coming.

Thanks that's pretty much everything execpt the voltage guage. Good point about the lights being on all the time, don't need that one. I can't wait to see it in your car, gonna look sweet.

I saw an '85 or so rivera at the j/y which had a fairly large ohc with the moonroof controls, looked perfect for what you're doing unless you have to use the asc controls. Just thought I'd mention it.

D10- This is just as it states. It will dim the unit with the rest of the interior lighting.. Hooks into the wire on the Lumina's UB3 pin C11..

You mean D10 connects together with the cs ub3 pin C11 which are wired to lumina ub3 pin C3, right!

Yea.. Whichever one of yours is the one for the whole dimmer. Black and yellow wire I believe.. Yea, I need the ASC controls.. THe switch is small, and the OHC I have will work damn well.. The DIC controls, sunroof, UB3, and maybe trunk release are going up there..

Update.. 9/21/04-

274035_114_full.jpg

This is just highlighting what I needed from the old Cutlass cluster.. THis is an optional part, but because of how I want it to look in the Lumina housing, I opted for this option..

274035_115_full.jpg

Back view.. Charge error in the cam prevented the flash from activating..

274035_116_full.jpg

Head on.. THe open area to the right of the cluster is where the operations light pod I made will go..

274035_117_full.jpg

Top view.. Looks nice..

More updates as they roll in..

All I have to say is... WOW good work. I really wanted to do something like this in my GP with the DIC since I don't have a center console, but somehow I lost interest. You should us some pics of what you are going to make this all look like inside the car. I know what kind of parts u are using but i'm unfamiliar with the Lumina dash so I wish I could see how this is all gonna look.

I want the housing done this weekend.. It should be.. It is basically done, I just want ot do a few finishing things, because if it isnt perfect, Ill get pissed.. Im goin above and beyond here.. lol..

I want the housing done this weekend.. It should be.. It is basically done, I just want ot do a few finishing things, because if it isnt perfect, Ill get pissed.. Im goin above and beyond here.. lol..

sweet....I am just anxious to see pics of the completed install....

LOL.. I hope to get the mother powered up at least! I havent even done that yet! :shock:

The story behind this whole thing is one day, I went ot the junkyard, and saw it.. I was all like.. ooooh... lol.. ANd Here I am now.. A few more pioeces of plastic in my eyes than when I began, but all seemingly worth it!

You get that thing hooked up yet?? If not I'd hurry up or you won't be the first, I'm gonna start on mine today. Too bad I was an ass and threw out the old base cluster for the Z, so now I have to install the Z34 cluster in the winter beater so I can steal it's base cluster cause I'm not gonna destroy a Z cluster. Unless someone has a spare base cluster they want to donate?? Or someone wants to buy my Z34 cluster :wink: