One more thing wrong with my rebuild!! LOWER INTAKE

R Dubya

Anyone here to have any tips or common problems with seating the lower intake. I am going to either burn this car and laugh at it's low mileage ass as it turns black and bubbles leading towards explosion, just so I can laugh at it and know that I won. (or just sell it to some unsuspecting stranger who knows nothing about this cars history and its curse) :shock:

The bastard is not going to seat on the rear of the motor near the oil pump drive. This is the 2nd gasket I have compressed in the last week to make this focker seal!!!! It is leaving a slight gap between the block and the intake so the front water jacket is not sealing and the coolant just drips its way out, I am ready to start this fucking thing after this rebuild, I torqued everything to spec, heads mainly what I think could cause this, 33 lbs/ft and then 1/4 turn after that. I am at a total and complete loss. Any tips? Please help me!! WHAT THE FUCK!!!!

No Jim, this engine is 100% TGP, I'm trying to keep it that way. I bought this car knowing it needed work, found out it lost a cam lobe, have been in the process of rebuilding it and reinstalling it, but I can't get the stock lower intake to match up with the stock block and stock heads. Right near the oil pump drive just under the thermostat housing is where it's leaking and it just isn't settling in it's space, is it possible the heads are off of there designated places??