wire short/my fault = fire

Crimson Fury Z

while trying to put in a new switch for my neons, i was trying to get the power wire to the switch light through the already crowded firewall hole. i pulled hard and saw sparks, followed by a small flame. in the end all wires that were in the firewall hole are toast.(alarm, fogs, subs, and neons)the car still starts/runs, the tach is wacky, probaly needs to dry off. the cluster seems to be operating right, dont know about the cd player at the moment. i don't know what to do. i know the problemed wires are cut and removed from the aux post, but i am still weary of driving it. it didnt smoke when me and dad started it back up, i guess i'm lucky that the main things still operate. as of right now, the other option is to drive my parent's 95 NY'er and take apart the dash to see if anything else is crisp(might do it, lest anyone is insterested in it), which i am going to do, the cd player isnt working. i might've cut the power cable to it. the speakers crackle/hum, damaged!? i think so.

everything aside from the wires that were fried are still good and works. it was a small fire that most likely didnt reach that high, thank god! it all will come apart and be fixed. i got the inspirado to bring it back from limbo! and will be mentally singing eye of the tiger to further feed the inspirado!! (sense of humor has returned!!)

Ever heard of fuses? that could have stopped that from happening if you had right size fuses on every thing.

I have like 6 fuses just for my neon, LEDs and strobes and they are all the smallest i can put in them. I cut a wire under my seat and blew one fuse then another and if i didn't have them in i would of had a burned up car.

well, i got the dash almost off. there are those 2 7mm screws that you see the bottom of when you remove the gauge cluster. ho do you get those out? i saw there are 2 plastic "pop" things. i had to destroy the 2 by the 7mm screws cause they wouldn't "pop"

that looks no good...

awwe shit what am i talking about, scotch bright that bitch!

no really don't mean it, that was my attempt at throwing a one liner out there...

well.....as of 8/19. the car lives!! got the dash back together & wiring finished! just got to put the black panels by the floor, the dash trim and HUD back in and its like nothing ever happened :D i found the wire that sparked, the wire that runs down to the fog lights. all the others had/have fuses that ran through the gromet. i didnt fuse that wire, yet, cause i dont know what fuse to run. on the plus side, while at the dealer for a gromet, also got ordered, a red/blk 3.4 (from the euros) and the GP red/blk 24valve :D