Another problem to add to my list

93 Grand Prix

I have another problem to add to my ever growing list. When I drive the car for a while, and I come to a light, it starts to loose power. It begins to misfire, and the tach goes crazy, and the volt gage does too. Is it my alternator? I just put a new alternator and battery in earlier this year, but I also have two subs attached. What else could it be?

Problems with my 93 GP

1. Coolant fan doesn't come on.

2. No acceleration in 4th gear

3. Power loss at stop light

Seriously, take it in to a mechanic shop an let them look at it. With some of those probs you'd want to prevent anything else from happening to it. Better to get it done now then to keep putting it off.

At least let them check it out, an they can give u the info about whats going on for their diagnostic fee(usually 60-80 bucks).

It almost sounds like a faulty MEM-CAL or an ECM. I do not remember what year that they put the 4T60-E tranny in the cars, but if you have that one, then your shifting is controlled by the ECM as well as the cooling fans. I know that my Cutlass was stalling when it rained, but that was because all three of the coilpacks had cracked and water was getting in them.

I would say try to change out the spark plugs and wires, as well as your filters. Either that, or just take it into a shop and get them to tell you what the problem is.

Taylor