tgp problem

about 3 weeks ago my car wouldnt take boost or every time you came up on boost it was like it leaked out somewhere. so me and my freinds took my X-pipe of sawl that it had a few cracks and put a new one on. but in that process being how dumb i am I cracked the lower intake. so we took all apart even puled the heads of to clean im up. got everything done last night and car still wont take boost. We know that their are no leaks we put new gaskets in everything all my pipeing is on tight. and we put a new fuel pump in it when I got the car. my turbo is re-manufactured and has a different wastegate acquator (not sure how its spelled) and it looks a little banged up I dont know if those go bad or what. so if anyone has a idea what this could be i really need the help.

• 2 weeks later...

you are saying you put on a new crossover pipe? can you here the turbo spinning? if not take off the intake piping and look at the compressor wheel with the engine on. To find out if the wg solenoid is working remove the vaccume hose on the bottom of the front side of the turbo and give the car some gas. DON'T PUNCH IT YOU CAN BLOW YOUR MOTOR. Just give enough gas to see if it spools. also you could have a collapsed intake connector, you could have a torn or a whole in your turbo to intercooler connector all of mine were worn cuz some jack ass torqed the hose connecters so tight it dug into them causing them to develop cracks and eventually leak. also if you haven't already get a BOV asap!!!!

Good info 1trucavalier!

My actuator on my rebuilt turbo was wrong too. I had to add a spring because the one in the actuator was weak...it bleed all of the boost off. It wound't go past 9 psi. Put an additional spring on there, and it was perfect. Try to move your WG/actuator arm with a screwdriver. It should be quite hard to move, but it should move. If it moves really easy (like if you can move it with your fingers and no screwdriver) then you should get it replaced or add a spring. But be careful when adding a spring...you don't want too much tension. You want the WG to still work.

Let us know what happens!

Jason