New Must Project on my 88 CS

NORBI

After converting my interior to a International model including HUD, DIC, seats and everything else, my next must be project is to change looks outside from base looking 88 CS to 92+ looks including mini quads, ground effects, lip spoiler and probably dual exhaust. I will start converting it as soon as one 92+ CS hits the junk yard i go for a little free shopping. Tomorrow i am changing door panels in my CS to international ones with grey and black stripes to match the seats and one that my interior project will be done. :wink:

you can use your original front fenders, but you will need to do some mods to the holes for the corner lights. You will need to cut a notch into the underside of the fender where the light bulb will go.

Taylor

I'm not sure about that, but if you look, you will have to change out the corner lights. The 92+ style is SHORTER than the current ones. Also, the 92+ style front bumper comes up HIGHER than the 1988 one all around, so you will have to change out the complete headlight assembly, front bumper, hood, corner lights, and I have not looked at this, but I can probably find out but you might need to change out the bumper itself. I will check my parts sheet and let you know.

Taylor

okay. The impact bar is the same part number, but the mounts are differant. Here is a list of parts, and numbers.

Impact bar: 10274672

1988 mount: 10084804-5

1992 mount: 10165786-7

Impact absorber: 16506529

Impact bar plate: R/L: 10274677

Outer reinforcement: R/L: 10091151

1992 Outer Support: R/L: 10157700

You can use your original bumper, and the inpact absorber (the plastic stuff that goes on the bumper, but the actual mounts that hold the bumper onto the car will (maybe) need to be changed. They have differant part numbers, but i can't really tell the differance just by looking at the picture (the 1988 one looks like is sticks out a bit more than the 1992 one). You can use the origial outer reinforcements, but you will need to get the supports. If you want, I can try to scan a copy of the parts list so that you can compare for yourself.

Taylor

I would really appreciate it if you could do that. And do you know anybody that ever done that? I used to have a 94 CS convertible in white color and now my friend bought a 92 CS Int and i really like the little quad lights and ground effects all around it that i really want to make my Cutty look more modern and sweet looking. :P