1RedGP

I got in my car ther other day to run some errands and then go to work. I got to a stop light on my journey...I gave the car gas to take off, but the car didn't want to move. Tach went up, but no foward progress. Finally it pushed foward slowly then accelerated normally. Same things happens later on my trip. Only this time it seems worse. No reverse, no drive no 1,2,or 3. I have the car at 5 grand it's just barly moving. Finally she takes off again. At this point I decide to take her home. I get home check the tranny fluid again and it looks full on the stick. (I just had a complete flush from GM in March). I had also dropped the pan and filter at about 85K. I let the car sit and come back to it later. I check the fluid..it looks bit low, but nothing substaintial. I add some fluid and drive it around. No problems. I then grive it about 70 more miles all together later that night. Still no problems. Today I drooped the pan and filter. The fluid was not brown or burnt, but wans't as red/or pink as new fluid. There was no solid debris in the pan either. Just a layer of black dust/goo on the bottom of the pan. Filled it back up and it still seems to be driving ok..no slipping or anything. I know that these tranny's are not the best by far. I have read something reguarding the differentil being a problem in these tranny's alos. Does anyone have any idea's or thoughts about this? I don't think that is was very low at all on fluid..and I don't see any leaks either. Did I get lucky? Or is this tranny about to take a shit?

The car has 114k on it now.

Is it makin a whinin noice at all? or any type of noice? my tranny in my 95 cutty went out in febuary and it had similar symptoms the day it "took a shit" on me but it had been whinin since the day before and before that it was fine. but i had it replaced and it was ok but then today i drove to and from sandusky (about 120 miles all together) and the thing was startin to whine a little and then i stopped at a light and went to take off and it didnt move till it hit like 3500 rpm, so i checked the fluid and is was about a pt. low so i put a qt. in and its still doin it although the noice is about gone. I HATE THESE SHITTY ASS TRANNYS!

possibly a valve body problem. Restricted oil passage or something. I'm no tranny expert, but my father in law had similar problems with his 97 lumina, and a new valve body fixed the problem. Usually the problems with the diff are the result of excess wheel spin like in the winter, or abuse, not use.