PCM interchangability.

BIGBULS

I have a question (probably for that turd Ben :wink: ) about PCM/ECM's on 91-93 W-Bodies.

Are they interchangable? What I'm getting at is, can you swap the actual PCM from an auto trannied car (AYSD I think?) into a manual car as long as you use the actual Memcal from the manual (it's an AYCD chip)? We think the manual ECM may have a solder problem somewhere on the board, as once the car reaches operating temperature, it shuts off and we've thrown a fuel injector harness, ignition module and coilpacks at it and we want to try the PCM since they are known to fail (but would it only fail intermittantly?). Crank Sensor is another possibility.

This is for a 3.4L DOHC obviously..........

Mind you, the injector harness NEEDED to be replaced.......

We are still getting ZERO spark when the car gets to 160 F (has a 160 Hypertech thermstat).

3.4's have more ram in the PCM, so going into your 3.4 you will need a PCM from a 3.4

Duh.

But what I'm getting at is, will the PCM from a 3.4L DOHC *auto* (with it's extra RAM) run a 3.4L DOHC *manual*?