A new guy with some idea's and opinions...

MotorCityMike

First of all, hello. I am Mike Lasiuta and I'm from Sterling Heights, MI. I am 31 and have a beautiful fiance Carrie. No kids, just animals (whats the difference?)

Anyhow... In the past few days my area has seen a lot of snow and slush and salt, etc. After driving at night on a long trip, I started to wish that I had headlight washers. So what did I do? I went thru some old parts and came up with a washer pump, some vacuum hose, and a tee, and now I'm ready to snag some washer sprayers (the kind that mount on the hood-stock on some cars) from the local junkyard.

Anyone else like the idea? If so I can help you out. I am just debating at this point and i'm unsure if my efforts will be worthwhile or if I just dreamed up another "ricer" mod. If I get enough support I will install it this weekend.

BTW- the car I would be putting this in is my 94 Lumina Euro 4dr with 3.1...

The car is mostly stock right now except for the stereo system and the fog lights. I want to keep it a nice stock appearing daily driver so if anyone has any tips or anything it would be really appreciated.

Thanx

Difference between kids and animals is that animals can't say 'NO'!

I raised two kids both now married and out and now I have two lizards. My lizards are much easier to deal with!

Sounds like an interesting idea that you have. Keep us posted on it.

Welcome, Mike!

Your idea is a good one. I believe all cars in Europe are REQUIRED to have headlight washers.

In fact, Export versions of the 88-96 Pontiac Grand Prix have headlight washers like the ones you described, right from the factory.

I think some domestic versions of Pontiac Bonneville may have them too.

And we all have probably seen the older Mercedes and Saabs that not only have headlight washers, but little headlight wipers as well.

LMAO! I have allways thought that the headlight wipers where silly.. absolutely pointless but again if you want them then i say go for it. Just don't get the LED juicers or i will laugh!

RedZ

well I like the Idea and I have been thinking of doing it on my cars....

becase I know what your saying here IN MN they put so much salt {more then Mcdonalds Fries} on the roads........

I hate having to get out and Try to find clean snow to wipe them off

what I would say is look for a 88+ bonniville they had washers for the head lights that sat more flush with the plastic bumper and that way they dont stick up all ghay like....