Olds Motorsports VRD info

Uniquedreamz

One of the best things you can do is to first learn about cars, engines specifically if you want to make your car faster. If you are uneducated of what a UDP is, or what difference a 160 thermostat does, well then its kinda pointless for us to just tell you what to do. You have an engine that's got potential, but it isn't always as simple as just bolting on stuff that takes a few minutes, or few hours even.

When I started going on car forums like 3 years ago I didn't know 1/8th of what I know now. Be patient and in time you will learn. If you have specific questions we are all MORE THAN WILLING to give advice! :)

On a side note, one of the best things I ever did was go to the library and get some books on engine basics. I learned the difference between pushrod and overhead cam engines (you know, the stuff they tell you in auto class when you're too busy screwing around :lol: )

As far as your personal taste with body modifications, I can't be one to talk. Although, I do find that bone stock can be boring, so being a little creative is always a good thing, as long as it makes YOU happy.

I hope this can all clear up and you can be an active member of the board. If you are able to scan the sheets you got with the car, give us a different VIN (if you gave us one that's a typo) than thats cool.. otherwise you got a regular car and thats nothing to be ashamed of.

Welcome. :cheers:

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Uniquedreamz

• BIGBULS

• DaveFromColorado

• gp90se

Ok i did the exhaust thing. Mandrel bent custom to the rear right from the collector into twin high flow mufflers. The passenger side was starting to rot and i got a really good deal on the pipes and weld work. The mufflers were only $76 US for the pair off E-bay and I paid $180 + tax for a shop to fabricate and form from the manifold collector back. Up front I made a CAI out of a ractive unit for a 2000-2002 civic (has the O2 and oil line already). Was very easy, just take out old and cut about 6" off the new before install. Cost me less than $60.

What is FFP are they like JET or NITROCHIP?

Ah, this is all blowing over. Welcome to the board.

FFP is Fast Forward Performance. IMHO, they make the best chips for our cars since well.. that's all they do.. W-body performance parts. Great company.

[sits around and waits for the royality check]

Do you know how much they cost and is this something I need to take in to get installed or can a fool do it :lol: The shop here said they need the car for a day and the cost is about $550 when it's done.

They told me though that the chips only work at full throttle (is that true?) and that they can cause false computer code readings (whatever the hell they are :shock: )

Probably throw Service Engine Soon lights. They might be talking about removing EGR valve, playing with idle speeds, shift points, etc. Did they look at your car before they gave you that estimate?

I've never done chip stuff before, so someone else can probably blab more potent and impotent shit than myself.

actually they took like 3 days to get back to me and kept asking if it was for a 95 Z34 :? but no they never actually had the car at all just over the phone. I thought it was a little pricey (was quoted 50 more to port and polish the intake manifold) so i never persued it further

Do you know how much they cost and is this something I need to take in to get installed or can a fool do it :lol: The shop here said they need the car for a day and the cost is about $550 when it's done.

They told me though that the chips only work at full throttle (is that true?) and that they can cause false computer code readings (whatever the hell they are :shock: )

They're giving you a bunch of bullshit. $550 is insane. FFP wants $149. They don't give false code readngs or SES lights. The working at WOT is inane.. These aren't turbochargers. The only thing chips do is change redline, thermostat temps, and so on. I wouldn't go to that shop anymore..

What is FFP are they like JET or NITROCHIP?

FFP is a LOT better.

The chips are actually programmed by a GM FWD owner and are dyno proven to make power. On the other hand you have mainstream chip companies..........

Read this comparison: http://www.techvelocity.com/gtp/chip.htm

He has dynoed all 4 of the major chips (NOT FFP) and they don't do shit (<1whp).

On the other hand, the FFP chip made 8whp IIRC on the test car.............BIG difference.

BTW.........FFP gives you some custom options too..........

YOU get to pick your own rev limiter (up to 7150rpm), shiftpoints (the 60-E doesn't like going much over 6500rpm though), EGR settings etc.

If you have questions...........ask............just don't BS us :wink:

Hey guys

I was checking out my cutty today, and I found out it has a 350 v8 out of a Vette with all wheel drive! I ran a quarter mile at 4.4 seconds @ 330.34 mph! I smoked John Force! WHOA GO ME! :lol: :wink:

:roll:

Frankly, I like your car, I'd like it better with a smaller wing. I like the 3.4L better than my 3.1, that's for sure..

-Spencer

Just laugh it off, it'll be ok..

Is there a spot OTHER than the hood plate to get the vin # ??? I tried that carfax thing and it said it was incorrect. I have 2 #'s on the window plate i can't see well is there another way to get it ?

ok here goes, my neighbour helped me find another vin on the door thing and you guys were right, i had 1 lousy letter wrong :lol: . this is the correct vin #, I know because i checked my bill of sale and it was different from my insurance vin # by one also so I'm guessing the adjuster wrote it wrong, I just assumed it was right because i couldn't make out he 2 numbers near the middle. Sorry for the inconvenience. I also don't have an account with carfax so if anything exciting comes off there i would like to hear about it please.

1G3WH51X1PD342135

Guest TurboSedan

check the Service Parts Identification sticker in the trunk (the sticker with all of the 3 digit codes...should be on your spare tire cover).

I did the quick (free) carfax

1G3WH51X1PD342135

VIN: 1G3WH51X1PD342135

Year/Make/Model: 1993 OLDSMOBILE CUTLASS SUPREME S

Body Style: Sedan 4 DR

Engine Type: 3.4L V6 FI

Manufactured In: UNITED STATES

Search Results: 16 records found in our database

Seems like alot of records in the database :? :?:

I don't know you have to pay for that. Maybe someone here has payed for a carfax account (30 days or something) and can check it for you.

new vin comes back as...

1 - Usa Built

G - General Motors

3 - Oldsmobile

W - Body Code

H - Cutlass Supreme S

5 - 4 door sedan

1 - Manual Belt, no airbags

x - 3.4 DOHC v6

1 - check digit matches

p - 1993

d - Doravilla, GA

342153 - manufacturing production sequence number

16 records found in database - anyone with a carfax can look it up.

--Dave.