Very very cheap adjustable boost controller....look!!!

dbtk2

DISCLAIMER: I AM NOT AT ALL RESPONSIBLE FOR SOMEONE CRANKING THEIR BOOST UP ALL THE WAY AND BLOWING THEIR ENGINE SKY HIGH, USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!

Some of you may know as I have posted it numerous times, but I have 3 different boost controllers for my STE. A stock one, one with a little hole drilled in the front to leak boost, and another with a very large hole (which I found out today is way to large to ever need because my boost gauge read 15psi in about a half second when I went WOT and the computer cut fuel, but I was holding a steady 9psi at a 2000rpm brake torque! :twisted: ). Well, knowing that the larger the hole, the more boost is very helpful. (this hole leaks vacuum, so it doesn't allow the computer to cut as much boost when it tries to) So I was thinking if there was some way to get a screw type or valve type reducer for this hole, you could easily adjust your boost to get it where you want it by just changing the size of the hole. Now I haven't done this yet, because I don't know where to get something like that, however I know it will work if someone could find some sort of reducer or something like that.

Any suggestions on where I should look for one?

I just thought this might help for someone trying to raise their boost to get the extra 1.5psi out of it before it hits the fuel cut.

Shawn

I took a closer look at my boost controller with the biggest hole today, and you could see that this hole is drilled sideways into where the vacuum runs to the wastegate. So, after looking at this and being pissed that I didn't figure this out sooner, I put a screw in the hole. (I had it lying around, so this cost me $0!) If I turn the screw in all the way, it gets full boost, its like taking the vacuum line off because it blocks off the vacuum completely. Then obviously, the further you turn the screw out, the less boost you will get. So then you can just turn the screw in and out for more or less boost, pretty simple, and it will cost you less than $.25 if you don't have any screws the right size lying around. But chances are you probably do.

This works very well...knowing how easy this is now, I would definately not dump $25 into a grainger valve. Just my opinion though.

Hope this helps someone!

Shawn