Several issues, all grouped together

mdelorie

So I'm poking around in my engine bay today, when I find that the pipe running from the heater core to the intake manifold is sort of loose. Closer inspection reveals this:

Picture_1.jpg

and this:

Picture_3.jpg

Picture_4.jpg

I'm assuming that when i took it to my mechanic to replace the fitting, they never reattatched the pipe. I"ll tell you, I'm not impressed, but I'm not going to take it back down to him because I'm sure he'll try to weasel out of it and make me pay for something. Unfortunately, this was over a year ago, so I can't say it was just done.

Anyways, this looks like a real bitch to get at... and I'm not so sure I'll be able to get to those nuts without removing the throttle body, or worse.. :evil:

Any suggestions?

next:

Picture_5.jpg

Lastly:

my engine seems to be sitting off kilter in the bay:

Picture_7.jpg

I think it's the engine mount, considering I picked pieces of rubber out of that area with my finger. What's involved in changing the passenger side mount?'

Long post, sorry, but thanks guys

as for the engine bein' tilted, check the cradle to make sure you're not losing a bolt, as someone in the TGP part of this forum had that bolt break on their car just recently.

as for that pipe bracket not being connected I'd find a nut that will fit the end of that stud and put that on there with a washer to hold that thing in place, as the stud in the engine looks like a stud-headed bolt.

--Dave

my torque struts are deformed like that too

i wouldn't be surprised if my subframe bolts are all rusted to shit with all the fucking salt the michigan road department assholes use every fucking winter