LSCGTP

I just got back from a visit with Taylor (he ownes a gold 1988 Cutlass Supreme and used to be on this board. Thanks Malibuolds for telling me how to find this guy). I was totally amazed the last time that I met him. He has a 3100 that pulls harder than my GTP and reves to 7000 RPM. He has done more work. He took me for a ride, and I noticed that it is a lot stronger. Turns out that he put HEADERS in his car, and Corvette valve springs. He now has a 3100 with HEADERS. I don't know how he did it, but that car is impressive (and he says that it is still not tuned). He is also putting a body kit on it. Here is a picture of the headers. Just though someone here might be interested.

headersinstalled1.jpg

unofficially (using a G-tec) his car runs a 15.5 @ 95. He said that he still has to do a lot of tuneing to it. The last time that he went to a track, he did not have half the work done that he has now (no headers, no corvette valve springs, idle problems, and it was a HOT, HUMID day). He still ran a 15.8 @ 91 (faster than his friends 1993 Grand Prix with a 3.4 DOHC). According to the G-TEC, his car is making about 210 HP at the wheels. He is going to get it dynoed when he gets the chip done.

He actually hangs out more at the modern olds board.

http://Http://www.modernolds.net Just click FORUM. He goes by Vindalo there.

no. That is the time without the headers. He still has to go get them welded (he is working on the body kit right now, so the car is off the road). He did not have the Gtec with him when he took me for the ride. He is actually not a big fan of the 5-speeds. Besides, the best 5-speed for this engine would be the Getrag 282 (for the better lower gears), but it is not strong enough. The Automatic that he has in there now (4T60-E) is actually very strong and shifts firm (firmer than either of my cars). I agree with him that he does not really need a 5-speed.

His car is faster than my GTP. I spank him off the line, but when we get on the highway, I can't touch him. If I wanted to be able to keep up with him, I would need to be in my Mark VIII. The GTP just can't keep up.

His headers wont be giving him 20 hp. They actually aren't that great of a design and he knows it. They kick the shit out of stock but 20 hp (maybe crank, wheels is a no way) is on the high side. Im not knocking anything he has done cause its not easy to do what he did with those headers. Modified S&S design but the rears were just cut shorter to fit, not bent and left a nice length.

Lorenzo's DOHC isn't exactly running at its peak either so he may beat that one but he wouldn't have beat them all as automatics. His reasoning for a 5 speed is weak imo. The 282 will handle his engine easily, and the gearing would help it out a lot. His car though, I can change the shift points to whatever next time I see him, i know it was shifting way too high before (no point in 7000 RPM when you dont make power past 6200). Hopefully its a bit faster this time around and the computer isn't gonna give me as hard of a time to tune it. Its been a very unique ordeal getting it to behave, let alone tuned.

They use the 282 for everything. The weight of the car matters but its not like a 3100 in a 3300 pound car is gonna equal a torque monster in a 2600lb car. You can build up the 282 as well if that becomes an issue.

Wow sounds pretty fast there LSCGTP. If your engine performs as well as it looks I'm sure you'd be find keeping up with those GTP's...which engine P did you mean?