Something on the A/C

GrandPrix34

i found why my interior was flooding up the ass wit water...turns out its a clogged condenser drain pipe which is by the way is NOT covered in the Chilton repair manual along wit anything 2 do wit the a/c cause of legal and health issues :roll:

does anyone here know were the condenser drain pipe is on the 3.4 Twin Dual Cam in the 93 4dr Grand Prix SE??

ive already put the car on a block and looked and looked under the car to no avail, so whoever can tell me were it is, i will happily reward them hansomly :naughty:

I think that it might be the evaporator that may be doing that (that is what it was in my friends Buick Roadmaster). If that is the case, it comes out of the firewall. From the engine compartment, in about the middle of the car, there is a hold (slightly on the driverside). If you look down just past the brake booster, past the 2 coolant hoses, and the AC lines, then you should see it. It is just a hole. Tilt the motor forward, and feel along the firewall, and you shoudl come across it.

Taylor

actually on the W it's on the firewall just behind the alternator (lower though, close to the frame) you'll see a 90* black plastic/rubber elbow. That's thedrain. It's easy to unclog if the problem isnt at the drain hole. The heater core cover serves as the drain pan also, so just have to take it out under dash, all held on by 7mm screws no big whoop :P

Brian is right...there is a 90* elbow that comes out of the fire wall on the passengers side of the exhaust pipe. Some of these rubber 90* elbows came from the factory without having a hole in it. You may need to take a center punch or something and "break it's hymen". Watch out though...you may get an eyeful of water... 8)