help with l67 swap

Guest Eurolumina92

Guest Eurolumina92

i have a body who is willing to sell me his super charged bonnie for 500 bucks but the trans is toast it has full leater and the motor ripps like no other im just wondering what all would be in vloved in the swap like moun changes main fire wall plug in and other things if any one has in fo on this please help thanks ryan

ps i have a 92 chevy lumina3.1

thanks again ryan

Check out L67swap.com. If it's a '96 or newer, someone there has almost certainly done exactly what you want to do. If it's a '95 or lower, you're basically a pioneer, but http://www.l67swap.com will probably still be helpful.

If it's a '95 or older, let Sean (93RegalGS) buy it, and wait for a '96+...

:twisted:

L67's suck. End of question.

thats not what he asked. very helpful.

:werd: He's looking for help!

wow - that was mature :roll: how bout we all grow up about the L67 thing! All the motors in the W's have potential. Some are easier to realize that pontential with. They all have strengths and weaknesses - its like you all are suffering from penis envy :?

Check out L67swap.com. If it's a '96 or newer, someone there has almost certainly done exactly what you want to do. If it's a '95 or lower, you're basically a pioneer, but http://www.l67swap.com will probably still be helpful.

Nah, okidedrak already pioneered the L67 swap into an older W-body, he put one in an '88 Cutlass.

Nah, okidedrak already pioneered the L67 swap into an older W-body, he put one in an '88 Cutlass.

But was it a pre-'95 L67?

Shawn.... Somebody put a 3800 II in a Cutlass with a digital cluster?

I'd like to see that :D

Is he piggybacking the computers or what?

The tach was the real issue (IMSMC), as far as making everything work together.... :think:

He has the gauges cluster, but it doesn't work. He has a big ugly analog tach mounted on top of his dash.

Last I heard from him, he's been working on a microcontroller to make the cluster's tach work.

He has the gauges cluster, but it doesn't work. He has a big ugly analog tach mounted on top of his dash.

Last I heard from him, he's been working on a microcontroller to make the cluster's tach work.

AAAHHHHHH...ok

he should see if Dakota digital will make him a sending unit.Sure he would pay more....but it wouldn't be THAT expensive.......

Doesn't the guy at L67Swap.com take care of your harness and axles if you send them to him with a check?

Shawn would de better to awnser that one...but I know it has something to do with where a Cutlass gets it's tach signal from...It's totally different that the way in with a 3800 II car gets it's from... Something with the computer.

patgizz wrote:

5speedz34 wrote:

L67's suck. End of question.

thats not what he asked. very helpful.

The reason I say this is cuz I know this kid and all he is is talk. Over the past 6 months he's told me he's wanted to do 4 different engine swaps. Everytime he asks me for help I give and then he bitches at me when things don't go his way or I contradict him. A few ppl on this board have tried to sell him stuff, and he always ends up not paying or cancels while the item is in the mail.

Thanks a bunch buddy boy, you never told me you find the tach gauge that ugly! Well i never found it very nice but what can one do, live without tach like you chose to live without an l67!?? Anyways I'm ultra super close to getting the tach working, I actually did get it to work , the tach pulse counter is done, I've send obd chatter to the digital gauge with rpm info and shows it correctly. Only thign left to do is convert the count on the fly and put it in the rpm bytes in the obd chatter which is easy. Then i have to design a circuit board instead of the one i use now and it's done. I didnt have much time lately plus i'm busy workign on the other interface for OBD2 to dsiplay codes and sensors. Gonna remove the ashtray http://www.renoprestige.com/pics/view/PA230003.JPG and put a VFD there http://www.renoprestige.com/pics/view/vfd.jpg.......stop drooling now, i know how much you like vfds, hehe

not much you can see in in this pic, but it does display a couple of sensors and rpm on different "pages" when connected to the car. Hopefully when I'll do that I'll also put a poly carb tinted window in front of the GTP dic, going to look 10x better...and ofcourse get rid of the much disliked autometer gauge(look for it on egay)