Try out a Flex-a-Form rear leaf!!!!!

Heza

I found pics I took of my friend's 95 Monte Z34 rear lateral arms.

They're a bigger joke than ours, just stamped sheet metal. At least ours, as shitty as they are, are fully boxed, but you're right, they bend easily. An idiot tow truck driver pulled my sister's Cutlass out of a ditch by the lateral arm and bent it. My stepbrother inherited the car, and the bent lateral arm snapped at the bend and he almost wrecked.

Anyway, forget the Monte/Luminas for stronger lateral arms. Maybe the ones off a 97+ will work, but I kind of doubt it.

So you think the rear strut towers are weak looking too? Ugh. I was hoping it was just me.

So tell me what you all think is wrong with the monoleaf ?

My Regal was a 232,000 mile car when I bought it. Women and Thruway driven but still I was impressed with the handling of the car. Im not saying its like a Ferrari but I really pounded down 25 miles every morning through some windy country roads. What I'm thinking now is the monoleaf didnt hold up to the abuse. I do know I would not want to pound that suspension like that without that spring and its mounting points in there.

So tell me what you all think is wrong with the monoleaf ?

Nothing, if you want to stay stock height with stock handling.

Many of us want our rides lowered for a sportier stance. None of the aftermarket spring companies (Eibach, Suspension Techniques, etc.) are equipped to manufacture a custom monoleaf.

That's why people are so interested in the Flex-A-Form leaf, they're the only company that has claimed they have one.

Honestly, I think TGP's handle extremely well, better than any other W-body I've ridden in, so I'll probably just get a TGP rear spring, modify the upper spring perch to lower it, and hope it comes out matching my front ST springs in height.

Has anyone checked the spring codes from a TGP to make sure they weren't used on any other Ws? My old '91 SE B4U sat pretty low in the rear too, a guy would almost think it would have gotten the same spring as the TGP.

My TGP rear spring is an RHH.

A Turbo STE in the junkyard also has an RHH rear spring. I've never seen an RHH rear spring in anything other than a Turbo. That doesn't mean it wasn't used in anything else, just that I haven't seen it.

How is it you identify this leaf ?

What code is in Regal GS ? or Cutlass w/FE3 ?

Anyone ever priced new spring ?

Whats the best droped front spring ? ST ? who, what, where ?

2 ways to identify the leaf...

- Look on RPO code sheet for a code starting with 0 (zero). Take that code, change the 0 to an R and that's the spring code.

- Look on spring itself. Should have 3-letter code starting with R somewhere on it. I can't remember if it's engraved into the spring itself or on a sticker, but I think it's engraved.

A new spring is around $300-something I think!!!

Best drop spring - I don't know. Intrax will take you down the most (1.8"). Eibach and ST only take you down 1.25".

People buy the ST spring because it's the ONLY one where the fronts are available separately. So it's either spend $250 for a set of Eibach or Intrax springs with unusable rears that you set on you garage floor for the spiders to make their homes, or spend $94 shipped for a set of ST fronts only from JC Whitney.

I don't remember the kids name but someone, I think on this forum, had gone to a suspension shop in canada and had a leaf made to drop him but I can't remember where I read it.

I don't remember the kids name but someone, I think on this forum, had gone to a suspension shop in canada and had a leaf made to drop him but I can't remember where I read it.

It was air2be I believe but he sent me this info for the company...

http://on.finditincanada.ca/app/obj?oid=535450&returnTo=%2Fapp%2Fsearch%2Fcat-103321

No I haven't. I'm going to give them a call in the spring once I find out how much spare $$ I have and if I can afford it. According to air2be it was $400 cdn installed. So I'm sure it would be about the same. Right now it doesn't look good that I'm going to be able to get it, but we'll see. I'll let ppl know what they quote me.

• 4 weeks later...

I guess I'll need to make a trip up there and GET the spring myself.... Gonna be a few weeks at the most . Busy with AutoFair, NC work right now It'll have to be after the first weekend of April.

WHOOOOO-HOOOO :!: :!: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :D

The UPS Man dropped off the Flex-a-Form Leaf Spring a tmy house today :!: :!: :!: :!:

SO ... one less trip to TO MAKE!.. Thank YOU for getting the ball rolling on this Heza!!!

NOW comes the hard part!!!!Putting it on....LOL

HURRY!!!!!!!! DO IT NOW NOW NOW! lol... Maybe i should have waited for this and got the front lowering spings inseatd of the the coilovers.

Does anyone know or think they may know how the ride is? I talked to a guy at NOPI with the black gp with the colors painted on it and he said his rode like ass! so good luck gentleman

Well, I looked at the rear leaf I got today, and yessssss. It feels light!Almost too light for the car... :lol: I don't know what code the spring is made in mind with. I guess I'll have to email Flex-a-form for the actual specs.

I would assume that it's made just a tad stiffer than the FE3?? But that is just a guess. I did hear that Flex-A-Form does take custom orders for higher rate springs. Stay tuned.

Has far as getting it on the car, Mr Smolen was supposed to send the spring almost a month ago.... So now that car show season has started and I might need to wait til fall to do this job. Since I also have the Monte Carlo ST springs to install on the front too.

• 3 months later...

There's a custom spring shop about 3 blocks from where I work here in Winnipeg. I'm gonna make a trip down there on my lunchbreak tomorrow and hopefully get some info and a quote on a 2" drop spring.