Need help on how to replace the rear monoleaf in the TGP

tyroelite

I need to replace the rear leaf spring on the TGP with one from the SE or a similar piece from the junkyard. Seems to me like I'd just lift the back end, take the wheels off, put a jack under the bow of the spring and lift it a bit to relieve the pressure, remove the connection to the trailing arms and. Then get the spring will flex more as I let the jack down on that side and do the other side the same way then undo the bolts through the center of the spring... some U shaped piece with a rubber(?) or polyurathane(?) bushing in it... and it will just come right out, then do the steps in reverse... did I miss something drastically? I only had about 2 minutes to look under the back since it was really cold here today and i was w/o jacket at the time. Is there a proper procedure for such an installation and removal?? Thanks guys.

• 1 month later...
you have to drop the tank first, then the rest sounds right.

Why would you drop the tank to remove the spring? :shock: Take a look under your w-body again. :wink: