? on replacing 6X9's in a '00 GP

AWeb80

Are there any special things i need to do. My bro has a 00 GP and he is getting new 6x9's and I'm going to put them in for him. Do I have to take out the rear seat and shit?....I replaced mine in my GP about 6 months ago so I know how to do my car, but is his different?

every car I have ever installed to (including our old lumina), i just layed weird in the trunk. Hell, in my ciera, i even got in the trunk (and im a big guy).

While, ive never heard of removing seats, id recomend that, or if it has recliing rear seats, just do that

jon

REMOVAL PROCEDURE

Remove the rear window trim panel.

Disengage the speaker retainer. Lift the speaker upward slightly. Remove the speaker tabs from the openings in the rear window panel.

Remove the up level rear speaker bolts, if equipped.

Disengage the up level rear speaker tab from the rear window panel. Remove the up level rear speaker, if equipped.

Disconnect the electrical connector(s) from the rear speaker(s).

Remove the rear speaker(s).

INSTALLATION PROCEDURE

Connect the electrical connector(s) to the rear speaker(s).

Engage the up level rear speaker tab to the rear window panel, if equipped. NOTE: Refer to Fastener Notice in Service Precautions.

Install the up level rear speaker bolts, if equipped. Tighten Tighten the up level rear speaker bolts to 2 N.m (18 lb in) .

Insert the speaker tabs to the openings in the rear window panel. Engage the speaker retainer.

Install the rear window trim panel.

You have to remove the rear seats before you can get the rear deck out of the car.

The lower portion of the rear seats in the newer GP have little plastic tabs that you pull on to release the locks on the seat. Just lift up and pull out after that. The upper portion of the seat you'll need an 18mm socket (seatbelt clips), and a 10mm open-ended wrench (seat hooks). Remove those, lift the seat up, and remove.

Pop the 3 compression fittings from the rear deck trim, and lift up being careful not to bend or break the rear deck. Once removed, you'll see the speakers, and can access them easily.