Still Confused....

dkorinko

My car is still freaking out! I replaced the entire computer today and the thing is still going crazy. Under heavy loads (above 4500 rpm) my cars speedometer bounces all over the place and all of my check engine lights flash, I wouldnt really care but the car pretty much shuts it self off when it does this so it is kinda hard to race someone when u have NO POWER! On monday I am getting a new oxygen sensor, and one of those rubber pieces right by the throttle body that holds like 4 vaccum sources, mine is all cracked up and we think that a vaccum link might be to blame??? Oh and i am getting new motor mounts too! I know u guys are probably thinking, why dont u take it in and get it scanned? It must have a check engine light right??? Wrong....The check engine light comes on sometimes but we have scanned it and it doesnt give us any codes :x So I'll keep everyone posted on how this week goes....

This might not apply, but have you checked all your power sources for secure connections? I had a similar problem in a previous car. Under normal acceleration, it ran fine.. but when I punched it, the gauges would went wild, all the idiot lights flashed, and the car would start to hesitate and fluctuate. I was confused as to what it would be.. turned out the battery cable was loose JUST enough to cause all those problems somehow.

check the remote positve terminal as well...I've seen two W's melt the plastic around/under those causing it to lose contact/make no contact at all(no start condition w/ no contact)..and it causes all sorts of interesting electrical bullshit.