More TGP Problems.

dkorinko

Ok not a huge deal but just something i have started to notice, i have an air to fuel ratio gauge on my car and i have been noticing it is going way to lean. Like when i hit the gas a little bit while driving it is fine, it goes into rich and then balances back out but when i stomp on it is goes into the red (lean) and stays there....whats going on??? Anyway to fix it????

Our cars have no idea how rich or how lean they are. They can only sense stoich (14.7:1) so when it goes lean they add fuel, when it goes rich they take fuel out. Idle your gauge should just sit there and go back N forth.

Isn't that how it works with all cars? I thought that the computers in cars where constantly adjusting A/F and that is why A/F gauges bounce back and forth like that. From my understanding it's only when you hit a certain throttle position that the A/F ratio will lock into a setting. That is when your A/F gauge should display somewhere in the stoich area. If you are getting a lean condition at WOT then there is a problem.

Changed the fuel filter and changed the chip, ( I have many for the car) when the ignition is set to the on position the air to fuel reads "ideal" and then as soon as i start it, the gauge wont even read??? Im confused??? :x