Will these fit in 88-94 Cutlass'??

gmrulz4u

I am looking at replacing my Sony Xplod CD player with one of the Panasonic all-in-one in-dash DVD/MP3/CD/TV/7" Screens. This one:

http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/S-l1vuIJCRyY6/ProdView.asp?s=0&c=3&g=129100&I=133VAD9300&o=m&a=0&cc=01&avf=N

to be exact.

Now, with the 88-94 Cutlass dash's, it LOOKS like one of these won't really work in the stock radio location because of how the dash kind of sticks out about 2 inches right above it. Therefore, I don't see how the monitor will open-up, and fold back properly with the dash in the way. I hope I'm making sense with what I'm trying to say here:)

Right now I still have my stock radio in place, but all it does is light up and show the time. I have my Sony player installed where the DIC would have been had my car came with one, but instead just had an open space.

So if one these all-in-one units won't fit, I'm just going to put the DVD/CD/MP3 player down where the Sony is right now, and just flush-mount a 6.5" screen in replace of the stock radio.

Any recommendations??

THANKS!:)

Wouldn't an extension kit help you out by pushing out the head unit? I have a 1 inch extension on mine to make it easier to change the stations and tracks with my hand resting on the shifter. It might look a little stupid hanging out from the dash but thats upto you if you really want the all in one.

Wouldn't an extension kit help you out by pushing out the head unit? I have a 1 inch extension on mine to make it easier to change the stations and tracks with my hand resting on the shifter. It might look a little stupid hanging out from the dash but thats upto you if you really want the all in one.

you should get a deck with a remote instead of hanging the deck out of the dash......IMHO of course

I got a remote too. I just like the ease of being able to push the buttons easier. I use the remote when I'm outside of the car showing off. It doesn't look bad in my car but I dunno about a Cutty.