Getting the Cutlass ready for the winter

Dannymik

Its a depressing time, but I have to get my Cutlass ready for another Buffalo winter. Today I dropped the transmission pan and changed 6 quarts of the fluid...I might have added 1/4 to 1/2 quart to much :roll: . The fluid was dark and smelled burnt. I also changed the filter, reused the original gasket (4t60E). That gasket cost $20-$25 according to my next door neighbor who is a GM mechanic.

Some touch up painting has begun on a couple areas where spot rust has begun. More has to be done tomorrow or if there are any other nice days left this year.

Tomorrow morning will be spent on replacing the outer driverside Tierod. I never have done one of these, but it doesn't look to bad. Advance Auto wanted $31 for a new one(better than getting it done at one of those ass raping shops). I sprayed some penetrating shit on it this evening hoping it will help taking it off.

The winter rims were the most depressing thing I did today, I hate the non 5 spoke Cutlass rims! They really ruin the image of my car :roll: . My last job will be an oil change.

Sorry about rambling on, but I just wanted to let you all know what my Saturday consisted of. Maybe some of you peeps are going through this, at least the people who live in the cooler areas! Later

I feel you discouragement; I, too did that with my old Cutlas.

And now the same with my Jetta, it has been sitting for, what feels like, ages. :evil:

It needs out ... perhaps Christmas break ... :shock:

- Erik