this is a bad sign,suggestions? requested junk yard lookout

89BuickRegalGS

Damn, the hood release lever in my car broke off a long time ago, because there is an ungodly amount of tension on the hood release cable for some reason. I have been popping the hood by pulling on the realse cable with a pair of plyers. Well, no more, the cable has broke, and now I can't get under the hood of my car. I have an 89 Buick Regal GS, can I get underthe hood by popping that junk from outside? Is it easy to rig a new cable? Anybody see a hood realse mechenism (car interior, mounts on floor between driver seat and driver door) at their local junkyard? If so, tell me how much I am looking at

Guest Anonymous

I need to put one of them in my car. I have a new handle and cable. Whatever the handle mounts to in the floor is gone. Can't you pull more cable out from under the carpet and cut the outside off revealing more cable?

if you climb under there you can pop it from below....

you just need to figure out how it works on you buick....

I figures this our on a -20 degree night in mn when my car decided to lock it-self while running....... I shouldent say it, but you can unlock all your door's from under the hood if you have keyless entry..... shhhhhh

Mac had to replace the lever on his. the local yard did not charge him for the part as i had some parts as well. i am sure they lumped it all into one cheap price.

he also had been using a pair of pliers. but now he does not have to.

it looked pretty easy to get the piece out and back in.

btw he had a choice of many that had a complete assy or a partial assy.

Monty