Hood/Bumper Stripe 2006 GP

pwmin

The front bumper has quite a bit of damage on my GP and the hood also has a big spot that needs attention. In order to address this and hopefully add some "flair", I am going to plasti-dip some hood/bumper stripes. If I like them enough, I might paint them. I took some pictures of possible stripes and am looking for some input on what anyone thinks will look best or if anyone has any suggestions. There's a good amount of gouges in the middle of the bumper, but on the passenger side, some damage extends to around where the middle of "PONTIAC" would be, so I'm trying to cover as much of that as possible. Please look at the pictures and tell me what you think. I know the lines aren't perfect, but I'll make sure they are before I plasti-dip it.

post-738-143689181614_thumb.jpg

post-738-143689181624_thumb.jpg

post-738-143689181634_thumb.jpg

post-738-143689181645_thumb.jpg

post-738-143689181654_thumb.jpg

post-738-143689181662_thumb.jpg

I posted pics in the what hav eyou done to your car lately thread. I don't like it. I forgot to post it in here instead. I ended up messing up the arrowhead, so I tried to fill it in. I decided not to leave the middle open because of that. I need to pull the p-d off the bumper and fill it in better. I touched up the hood, but I need to do a better job on that, too. I might take it off and put it back on the bumper after I fill it in better. The bumper cover is pretty messed up with gouges before I bought the car. I tried to fill those in, too, but I need to redo them, too. I got a can of touch-up paint, which wasn't easy with this paint color. I may try and repaint the whole bumper instead, so i may need some more. body work sucks. Maybe if I made the stripe wider at the cowl, it would look better, but the edge sucks and is pulling up already. I may vinyl the hood and p-d the bumper if I can't get the hood to look good.

post-738-143689182436_thumb.jpg

post-738-143689182445_thumb.jpg

did you let the dip dry before pulling the tape off? I've heard it works best to do it while it's still wet

I didn't. Didn't know about that...wish I had.