Having an argument with someone over Canada sold TGPs.

ManicMechanic

Actually, I've found a slightly less painful way to utilize the program. Don't use caps. Any positive hits will come up in all caps, but the rest will come up lower case. Then you can just click "match case" and it's SO much easier. You don't even have to use the record count tool this way.

Does that always work out right? If so, that will definitely save me some time the next time I run all the data sets again and sort through the list one last time. :thumbsup:

EDIT: Tested that myself. That works like a charm. I'm not sure why I never tried that before. Anyone using the program for such an endeavor should be made aware of that discovery ASAP. This has given me some motivation to work on the list again. I plan to re-run all the ranges and sort through it one last time with that new found information. Once I have all the vins run, it will be a matter of a few hours at most to sort out the entire list. For some reason the program seemed to run significantly slower for me when I just tried it. Still plenty quick since it's automated - maybe my internet speed is slower than normal tonight...

Edited by mfewtrail

Does that always work out right? If so, that will definitely save me some time the next time I run all the data sets again and sort through the list one last time. :thumbsup:

EDIT: Tested that myself. That works like a charm. I'm not sure why I never tried that before. Anyone using the program for such an endeavor should be made aware of that discovery ASAP. This has given me some motivation to work on the list again. I plan to re-run all the ranges and sort through it one last time with that new found information. Once I have all the vins run, it will be a matter of a few hours at most to sort out the entire list. For some reason the program seemed to run significantly slower for me when I just tried it. Still plenty quick since it's automated - maybe my internet speed is slower than normal tonight...

Probably your connection, it's been fast for me.

• 5 months later...