GTP HUD Question

Antmann1992

Ok I did some digging online the past couple days and found '94 GTP in junkyard not that far from me online they listed they had a hood so naturally i was pumped there was one i could finally get my hands but tragically it was gone, but anyway it has the hud and dash intact so i was checking it out but it was different from all the other huds i've seen it had the top hud part and the headlight/fog/hud switch but nothing in the empty pods like an se, it hasn't been touched so im kinda confused. Also they want $125, good deal yay or nay? My dumbass didn't take a picture of it just the car.

post-10531-143689164139_thumb.jpg

Thats with talking the guy down he wanted $150 and i told him ebay was cheaper and he got pissed lol. But from what i know everythings there but i didn't like both windows were busted out and it looked a dust bowl ran through it. If anyone can help me in my situation it'd be much appreciated.

I still say go for a 97-03 hud, you can modify ur stock dash to work.

Thats with talking the guy down he wanted $150 and i told him ebay was cheaper and he got pissed lol. But from what i know everythings there but i didn't like both windows were busted out and it looked a dust bowl ran through it. If anyone can help me in my situation it'd be much appreciated.

Yea but i still need the dash pieces and isn't the switch different too. Guess no one likes me since your the only one who responds lol:shrug:

Yea but i still need the dash pieces and isn't the switch different too. Guess no one likes me since your the only one who responds lol:shrug:

Nope, it's not that.... I personally don't know jack shit about HUDs. I deleted mine because I couldn't fix the adjuster and I couldn't find a HUD dash.

Nah you can modify ur stock dash pieces and the switches themself are the same. Keep in mind im the guy with an 02 grand prix gt hud in a 97 monte carlo :)

i know but it just wanna keep it original and so on but im probably gonna say screw it eventually and go that route. GP harness in your monte?

Edited by Antmann1992

i know but it just wanna keep it original and so on but im probably gonna say screw it eventually and go that route. GP harness in your monte?

Gp plug wired into the cluster wiring

Personally I'd wait until someone here has one for sale. You don't even know if it works and if it doesn't, then what? You could always see what they would want for the dash cover, if it's cheap enough you can get it and that will keep shipping down if anyone here finds one. One comes in our yard every so often.

Had that same question the guy said i could return it but i hope he wouldnt be a douche about it. im gonna go up again after work tomorrow and im gonna tellin them straight up i aint payin more than $60 or im bailing

where exactly in PA are you?

Lawrence County

I said fuck it and ended up buying it $132 and some change, pissed i got ripped off but whatever just glad it works

post-10531-143689164255_thumb.jpg

post-10531-143689164243_thumb.jpg

HUD is one of those things that you can't fully appreciate until its in your car! Honestly if I had $150 I'd pay to have it in any car I was driving at the time. I'm gonna go off a limb and say it was worth it all said and done!