New Member here

billygraves

howdy y'all,

Just signed up and had to stop in. Retired GM calibrator from the Proving Grounds. I own a Michigan rusted 99 GP GT. 168k. I found some trans mods that will hopefully save me from pulling the trans and burning clutch plates with lazy LOW pressure shifts and steady state pressures TOOOOOO LOW FOR ME. Used Wester's software and cal to change some trans and engine cals to suit me. Got rid of the ECCC slipping converter clutch which will eventually wear out the clutch and Valvebody Bore. Made it an On off.

Well enough of this.

I find the dual coolant fans run very quite. I see other GM fans run at a higher spd and MOVE MORE AIR or Cooling. I only have the small, not PWM fans so I am trying to find out if another fan motor will give me MORE RPM and air flow. I unplugged the fan at the fan motor connector and used a 12 gu wire to 12 v and grd. Still not enough air for me with 100 degree temps in the shade and 95% humidity.

Thanks....

Welcome! It's always great to hear from someone who has actually worked at GM.

There is lot's of info here on this site along with a lot of helpful members.

Welcome billygraves, I'll bet you saw some interesting stuff at work. I worked for Case IH in the engineering test center in 1995 during the prototype testing phase of the Quadtrac 450hp 1100lb/ft of torque 4 wheel drive articulated tractor with of course 4 tracks. Aaahhh------ fun times.

Welcome,

George