Motors in, Do i need a new rear leaf now?!?!

Jon89le

Well guys at around 4:00AM this mourning my dad and I finally dropped the motor/tranny in my car. And all i can say is the next time i do this i am definitly getting an engine balancer. the motor was lower on the drivers side which made aligning the mount bolts a Pain in the rear. But in any event. I lowered the motor in and my front end is still much higher than my rear. Could it be that between having the motor out for the past year transfered the weight of the car more on the rear causing my leaf to sag even more? I also have subs in there now(two 12s in a small sealed box). Will the front end drop THAT much more after i put the other things on(Radiator, AC compressor/lines, hood,etc.)? If i get that leaf spring helper that Moog used to sell do you think that would raise the rear up a bit or am i in for a whole new leaf?Thanks

Guest Anonymous

It may take driving the car and working the suspension to get the height back. I know if I jack the front end of my car up it sits higher on that corner until I drive it and compress the spring and strut.

I have the moog rear spring helpers in my car, you can definetly raise the rear anywhere from a tiny bit (what it would do minimum, what I have) or you could jack up the rear like 2 inches if you use all the shims they provide you with. You'll also never bottom out again...ever.

I think mine came with two shims for each side (which is what I PMed you jon), but perhaps I am wrong. I know there are at least 2 for each side, but IMHO (and I think you'll agree Brian), you don't need any of the shims, the thing works incredibly well as-is.

-Tom

I'm sorry I missed it man. I had to work on Sunday all day and they are making it hard to get out of it. Let me know when you want to start putting in more stuff and I'll be there for that.

Thanks man. :D Just let me know when you can come up. I think this weekend im going to a college but monday i am off for the holiday. So let me know if you can make it monday. If you cant then we'll think of another day...

alright. Thats awesome man. Is there anyway that you can get here early, like around 11:00 to noonish? The earlier you get here the more crap we'll be able to do since its a pain to see crap in dark(which occurs now by 5:00 :x ) And do you know if Brian can come up too? I wanna see his interior,hehe. And having another 3.1 to cross-reference would never hurt :D