Hows it going, guys? new to me olds.

Joshua Shaw

well since GMWbody forums are dead and didnt realize it until i introduced myself ill copy and paste it over here where it seems people are active. Well, I just picked up a 94 Olds cutlass supreme 4dr out of massive need for a car. I had to give up my pride and joy 97 Mercury Grand Marquis.

I paid 500 bucks for it. Only got 132k on the clock. She's noisy, old and slow as hell. hah.

I look forward to asking and learning alot about these W bodied GM's

Im a Huge Ford fan, so this is a bit of change for me lol.

This isnt my first Oldsmobile. My first car was a 79 Olds Cutlass Salon 3.8 v6 I beat the hell out of that car and im kinda sad because at the time i didnt realize how rare they where.

The Olds need some work. Its got some FEAD noise, Needs hubs, feels like the left rear shock or both are frozen, the brake proportion seems off from what im used to, seems to have a ton of rear brake. The drivers door can only be opened from the outside, passengers door only from the inside, left rear opens from both, right rear does not, and the trunk wont open. lol

On a side note the body is clean, only a dent or two and very minor clear coat fog. All in all im happy with the car. Sure miss my V8 though

Welcome to the forums, and welcome back to a GM!

So why'd you give up the Marquis?

Anyways, I would swap all the shocks, just because it's a 20 year old car with parts that you don't know when's the last time they've been changed, not to mention the rear shocks are monoleaf, so it's just a good idea overall to swap em out. Plug and play shocks aren't that expensive for this car. As far as the doors, it may have a lot to do with the connecting rods inside the door. Take off your panels and find out if anything is not hooked up right, bent or needs adjustment. The trunk will be a bit hard because these cars don't have the emergency pull tab. You'll have to take out the seats and crawl in there. Not sure if you can unbolt the latch from it though to get it to open.

Anyways, is your Olds a 3.4 or a 3.1?

Thank you. I just finished the front door. The drivers side door had a rod come loose and the passengers side door had a bent to hell push rod for the outside handle. Got that one slightly bent back to the point the door opens, still cant figure out why the front windows dont work. i think its switch. i have power.. Shes got the little 3.1

The merc went with a family dispute. Sorta sucks. i loved that car.. Full Energy Suspension Urethane underneath, a couple of bolt on's and exhaust really woke that car up.

Still need to sort out a faulty TPS reading on the Olds. She cuts out at about half throttle. Guess i could try cleaning it alittle.

Welcome to the site of the forgotten, We are everyone that GMW-body.com didn't want.

Some here even have 4 fingers and a thumb and other shocking disfigurations and abnormalities, I myself have a toe on each foot slightly longer than the rest, keeps me up at night. I coop with it by being an intermittent fall down drunk that frequently passes out then immediately wakes up a 1/2 second before I find the floor with my face. My magic trick amuses few, disturbs many.

Any issues that come up with your '94 Cutlass let us know, some can even tell you how you can fix it. Pics are always appreciated.:thumbsup:

LMAO thanks, i needed a laugh. car is filthy as hell right now. ill see what i can di. Appreciate the warm welcome. Finally got in to the trunk. found 4 fresh quarts of mobile clean a blanket and kick ass set of large gauge jumper cables.

Thank you. I just finished the front door. The drivers side door had a rod come loose and the passengers side door had a bent to hell push rod for the outside handle. Got that one slightly bent back to the point the door opens, still cant figure out why the front windows dont work. i think its switch. i have power.. Shes got the little 3.1

The merc went with a family dispute. Sorta sucks. i loved that car.. Full Energy Suspension Urethane underneath, a couple of bolt on's and exhaust really woke that car up.

Still need to sort out a faulty TPS reading on the Olds. She cuts out at about half throttle. Guess i could try cleaning it alittle.

Is it both front windows, or just one?

Oh, not bad. At least the 3.1 is more easier to work on than the 3.4. Anyways, if you really wanted to upgrade the engine on the car, you can upgrade to a 3100 or 3400. I think someone has done that on this forum before.

You mean the IAC? I've never heard of someone cleaning it to get it to work, usually people just change those; but then again, anythings always possible.

Welcome to the site of the forgotten, We are everyone that GMW-body.com didn't want.

On a serious note, what's up with the "other" W body forum? It seems like it's been inactive for a long time.

Is it both front windows, or just one?

Oh, not bad. At least the 3.1 is more easier to work on than the 3.4. Anyways, if you really wanted to upgrade the engine on the car, you can upgrade to a 3100 or 3400. I think someone has done that on this forum before.

You mean the IAC? I've never heard of someone cleaning it to get it to work, usually people just change those; but then again, anythings always possible.

On a serious note, what's up with the "other" W body forum? It seems like it's been inactive for a long time.

It happens to be both windows. i have looked at the switches and shit and dont see to much there.....

As for the throttle issue i think its the TPS. it shows linear volt increase up to about 3-3.5 volts before it flat-lines. I should clean the IAC also.. I know in the 4.6 SOHC modular Ford motors, they like to stick a bit at times and a good shot of TB or Carb cleaner fixes the issue. I love me them OHC engines..

Not sure whats up with the other site. i was excited to find a site that looked active, before i started checking time stamps.. llol Sure seems this is the best place to be... As a ford guy i tend to steer clear of GM, but i needed a car quick.. Gots a 2 month old at home and cant be walking. it was either this olds or a shitty Honda. lmao

On a side note i sure would like a to find alittle extra power in this thing. I know a lot of guys in the area run the cavvy's with the 3.1 in our cruiser series at the local dirt track. they seem to really get them to scoot. Well.. for a small ass v6 SOmething about 3.1 with 3.4 top end or some crap like that. Not sure i really dont fallow the small displacement croud to often..

Edited by Joshua Shaw

IMG_20140310_154420_zpsf30bd329.jpg

its so icy and then snowy and muddy around i havnt gotten to clean it up yet. Ill shoot a couple more tomarrow. maybe even underhood. LOL im happy with the car its really clean, only a dent a small rust rust spot on the left rear fender. Cant wait to attack the black with a DA and some HQ polish

Edited by Joshua Shaw