monte brake light issues

Psych0matt

So, my passenger side brake light is disfunctional. I replaced the bulb when a friend told me it was out. Weird thing is that it lights up normal with running lights, and flashes with the blinker on, but doesn't light up the second filament when I hit the brakes. Is the blinker function just an interruption of the first filament? Both bulbs had both filaments intact, so I'm not sure where to go from here. Also, fuse 23 (stop lamp) is good.

Try the turn signal switch. I have the same problem with my monte right now. I jiggled the stalk and it seems to be working again. Good luck!

Try the turn signal switch. I have the same problem with my monte right now. I jiggled the stalk and it seems to be working again. Good luck!

QFT!!

i've had the same problem off and on since....... 2005ish. sometimes, left turn signal requires pulling back slightly on the stalk as you switch it into position, otherwise loss of all rear lights.

these things are seriously defective, i don't think the aftermarket ones are any better either from what i've seen.

So, my passenger side brake light is disfunctional. I replaced the bulb when a friend told me it was out. Weird thing is that it lights up normal with running lights, and flashes with the blinker on, but doesn't light up the second filament when I hit the brakes. Is the blinker function just an interruption of the first filament? Both bulbs had both filaments intact, so I'm not sure where to go from here. Also, fuse 23 (stop lamp) is good.

Did anyone else catch this?