99 Regal, Turn Signal Question

virtuetovice

I suspect it's the TSS, but basically when I flip the right blinker on, the relay clicks double the normal speed and there's no turn signal indicator on the dash. The front passenger turn signal doesn't flash but the back one does. Could have sworn I noticed a tiny little puff of smoke coming from the column but tried to smell it and there was no smell....

Already tried a new bulb up front. Does the turn signal switch have separate contacts for back and front?? Could it be something else? The wiring and socket both look fine.

:think:

Well it seems like nobody knew but I went ahead and found out! Ripped the switch apart and sure enough, front and rear have separate contacts. One contact looked pretty well fooka'd up. New switch and it's good now. Also for anyone wondering, you DON'T have to remove the steering wheel to replace that switch. :dance:

The only real ussue I ran into was the fact that the switch came off a Century with column shift, and what I believe is the reverse safety switch obviously isn't present on the column in the Regal. The car did not want to start without the wire being connected to something...:lol:

So a little redneck engineering with a paperclip across that connector allowed the car to start.