replaced the computer - not fixed

dkas

Darn, I really thought it was a computer problem, but no. The car stalls as soon as you start it, the power cuts out. Then it starts, sometimes the RPMs surge and the electrical gauge also. I am having trouble with positive post, it is stripped and it works it way loose all and will sometimes cause the electrical problems I am experiencing. While driving the car will cut out, and sometime I have to coast to the side of the road other times it starts. I had a new key made thinking it was the chip on the key, I have put a new starter in the car, replaced the computer. Now I think I will replace the positive post on the fuse box. Before I do that, how hot is that post supposed to get? I had my car running for a few minutes and touch it burning a blister onto my finger. Does not seem like it should be that hot? Now I am wondering if I have short? Need help any thoughts

Checm ur wiring tbat post isnt supposed to get hot

Darn, I really thought it was a computer problem, but no. The car stalls as soon as you start it, the power cuts out. Then it starts, sometimes the RPMs surge and the electrical gauge also. I am having trouble with positive post, it is stripped and it works it way loose all and will sometimes cause the electrical problems I am experiencing. While driving the car will cut out, and sometime I have to coast to the side of the road other times it starts. I had a new key made thinking it was the chip on the key, I have put a new starter in the car, replaced the computer. Now I think I will replace the positive post on the fuse box. Before I do that, how hot is that post supposed to get? I had my car running for a few minutes and touch it burning a blister onto my finger. Does not seem like it should be that hot? Now I am wondering if I have short? Need help any thoughts

It is not the battery post that is stripped on the battery. It is that stupid positive post that is off the fuse box. Ugh, I am missing out on some great convertible weather. What am I looking for in the wiring?

Yepper, that is the little devil and it is causing all kinds of fun issues. It looks like it might just slide off, but like most things on this car it is seldom that easy!!!