Wheels that'd look good on a sand-drift Century?

Mercury-Regal

Bet no one remembers me from the n00b section where I blast my hate off kindly about a 1999 Buick Century Custom I have a few months ago. lol

'Scuse me if this is the wrong section to ask, but I'm looking for ideas of rims that would bolt up, I've seen a few Bullitts on them and they look great, but cause vibration at high speeds. Though that wouldn't matter because this turd vibrates at 65+ anyway

I know I know, "just sell it". But It's still my mom's car, even if she says it's mine. *IF* it's signed over to me, I'm trading it for a regal, or modding the hell outa this thing, supercharged 3.8, leather seats, do something about the sloppy suspension. ectectect :D No mods on it right now because I'm too busy giving my merc all the love.

When I get back from my vacation/dog sitting, I'm gonna buy some plastidip and do the hubcaps , pinstripe, and grille. until I find nice rims

buickfab_zps62df38cf.png

If I buy rims for my merc first, I might be tempted to stick them on the buIck. (but I don't want to, I hate cleaning HPP wheels)

buickhpp_zps8efa1632.png

424054_107975665995632_657228698_ncopy_zpsec55a455.png

Lol I'm hilarious aren't I?

I'M RIDIN' SPINNERS.

buiiiickcopy.png

I haven't done much stalking over here as I have elsewhere because my schedule is mainly me riding my bike around town or drawing. So I have no idea what you think about donks, probably hate me to say this, but big rims on centuries are drool worthy, if the rims are good looking.

and that's coming from someone who's hated donks for years.

Must be something to do with hated cars and hated wheels coming together.

cause this hot.

7419910066_large.jpg

2001_buick_century___customized_by_seberhuskys_photos-d4me00e.jpg

39387894001_large.jpg

39086784001_large.jpg

33885390001_large.jpg

Okay I really just wish I had a regal, someone want to trade?!? :)

*drool* omgyes...

7399130017_large.jpg

38509820001_large.jpg

No pinstripe. Ditch all the chrome, including that bit around the grille. Bullitt wheels would probably look good, other than that I'd say black. And if that air dam is really red, change that first of all

I'm still not convinced 5x114.3 wheels are good to use on 5x115 cars, so I'd ditch the HPP/Bullitt wheel ideas.

Why not any of the nice LaCrosse/Lucerne wheels with 10 or 12 spokes in 16-17-18 inches? Pull a set from a yard and you've got tires and wheels, full set, dirt cheap, and it'll have Buick logos on it and everything. Here's a Lucerne with 10 spokes for comparison:

Buick_Lucerne_CXL.jpg

Lucerne with 12 spokes:

135bd1830a0d02b7002b2cf80ca1ca36.jpg

2006 LaCrosse CXS with 8 spokes (I like these a lot):

buick-lacrosse-cxs-2006-01.jpg

I was screwing around in photoshop, that's why the airdam is red/pink (Faaabulous?)

My boyfriend is pretty happy that every day I'm less and less likely to put 22s on it. Even though they look perfect for a Century. (Well, aren't they? they're like the slowest cars ever. Though I shouldn't say much, all I drive are slow-boats.) Screw em all, I'm putting drag slicks on this baby!

jk

Bullitts wouldn't look bad, I saw a car here with them and I thought it looked great. (they'll work, just that it'd have its own little problems.) and if they don't work well on the buick, rims for the merc! w00t

I'm really tempted on those 2006 LaCrosse wheels, they look great. or that first Lacrosse there.

But for the blacking out, I think I will, no pinstripe cause I can't do a straight line. I might even just paint it like I did with my marquis' grille.

Because real paint > plastidip > electrical tape.

894838_4373272223436_807664738_o.jpg

I think Bullitt wheels are the best looking wheels you can put on just about any GM car.

I blacked out most of the trim on my century. I'm planning on doing the chrome around the grille soon. Here's how my trim looks:

20130307141344668_zpsbfa9c082.jpg

IMAG2535_zpsb3f24fec.jpg

I used plasti dip, but I'm going to redo it in actual paint over the summer

Plastidip is where I'm going with the silver trim on the Ciera. But I'm just using hubcaps, hopefully the ones from a 1971 Cutlass/F-85.

how it looks now:

16200705_large.jpg

how I want it to look (I'm thinking skip the vent visors and use blackwalls though):

16168094_large.jpg

I'm not sure how I feel on the blacked out chrome strips on it, maybe if I painted them body color?

Trying to avoid hubcaps, I'm not a fan of cars with steelies. :P

I don't much care for any of those wheels, but I probably have super boring taste. If it isn't obvious from all my cars, I like plain and boring old 5-spoke wheels and I think they look hot on everything. :lol:

5x114.3mm do fit perfectly fine, I've run that bolt pattern on my car for a decade now with no ill effects.

There is a Roush Mustang that parks at my work lot and I LOVE how those wheels look. I think they're 20x9 +36mm offset if I recall correctly. Not sure if it'd tuck suitably on a 2nd gen W or not.

gasitgreen-detroit-628.jpg

I also love 5-spoke wheels that are concave. The more concave, the better.

bmw-5-series-black-vossen-vvscv3-graphite-rear-500x500.jpg

Nice thing about boring old 5-spokes is that maybe they're not super exciting to some people, but I think for the most part they're not polarizing as I don't know anyone that thinks they're downright hideous.