Rear seats from a monte. will the fit a lumina?

1979lee

well i just replaced the front seats in my 98 lumina. (see pic)

they sit real nice, im not going to get the console. i like the space that i now have between the seats.

the car was a 95 Z34 monte

carlo 3.4 dohc with 140k.

clean car till the last owner....(as always).

well i was thinking of getting the rear seats too, but they fold down , will the work in my lumina? its the top seat im worried about, the bottom looks the same.

thanks guys

post-2500-143689127413_thumb.jpg

your factory seats don't fold down? other than the former police luminas, i don't think i've ever seen a 1.5 that didn't have a folding rear seat.

your factory seats don't fold down? other than the former police luminas, i don't think i've ever seen a 1.5 that didn't have a folding rear seat.

nope no fold down. ive never seen a lumina with the fold down seats. thats why i was wondering if the monte rears will fit my 98 4door lumi.

well, damn.... i just went through and looked at the interiors of a dozen or so 1.5 luminas on cars.com with various interiors..... no folding seatback. :think:

i could have sworn that the luminas got that as well, but i guess not.

from the pictures i saw, i really don't know if they would work. if you have a lumina and a monte in a junkyard near each other, you could always test it out that way, i think it's ~8 or less bolts holding it all in?

well, damn.... i just went through and looked at the interiors of a dozen or so 1.5 luminas on cars.com with various interiors..... no folding seatback. :think:

i could have sworn that the luminas got that as well, but i guess not.

from the pictures i saw, i really don't know if they would work. if you have a lumina and a monte in a junkyard near each other, you could always test it out that way, i think it's ~8 or less bolts holding it all in?

its ok, no luminia's got em, they should have , but didnt.....

yes the 96 lumina i got my dual pipes off of is right next to the 95 monte with the seats, so ill just have to try'em out on it.

thanks friend:thumbsup:

People have installed them but I know they are slightly skinnier than the Lumina rears so they dont match up to the interior that well

so are they a simple swap? i dont mind if they dont match up that well.

ive attached 2 pics, the 1st is what the seats look like, the match the fronts. (pic is of a lumina, the car i want the seats from is a monte)

the second pic, is what my seats look like now, a missmatch.( thats not my car in the pic) thanks. id like to go get the seats on friday. there too nice to miss. and i like to have the fold down's in my lumina

post-2500-143689127464_thumb.jpg

post-2500-143689127469_thumb.jpg