1997 + front spindles?

twalt13

Search didn't get me anywhere, so I'll ask the question that I'm sure was asked before.

Has anyone retrofitted front struts / springs / spindles / wheel bearings / brakes from a 1997+ (2nd GEN) onto a 1996- (1st GEN)

from my initial research it looks like it may work? I can't test it yet, some of the unknowns are;

1. if the axles would fit

2. If the length away from the frame is the same.

3. The height of the strut canister & spring.

4. Would the ABS connectors fit

I can't be the first one to think of this, if the 2nd GEN rear spindles can work.....

Thanks

This is my plan for my car. I plan to make hybrid control arms to work with 2nd gen knuckles. As far as axles I would imagine they are close enough. Same with heights and what not. I plan on running coilovers. And ABS is probally different but I havent looked into it that much since I wont be using ABS

all you have to do is weld the 2nd gen LCA outter stub onto the 1st gen arm with the Zbend cutoff

ball joint ball/pivot is in the same location

Not particularly safe, but someone with little regard to their or others lives could indeed do that.

Not particularly safe, but someone with little regard to their or others lives could indeed do that.

How not safe? If James can weld another motor into a car then I am sure he can do this with me. We also plan on adding a stiffening plate as well.