BMR suspension kit for 95 GTP?

crunkGP96

Im not too sure if these parts fit but according to their website they are for 96-06 w-bodies? Isn't the suspension on the 95 the same as a 96 GP? Or are these parts only for 97 & up GP's and their website is wrong? If they fit, are these parts a nice upgrade to my 95 GTP?

TCA011-Trailing arm rear

TCA012-Trailing arms, adjustable rear, Foward mount

TCA013-Lateral arms adjustable rear, rearward mount

Edited by crunkGP96

All 3 arms are unique amonst themselves (and there have been a couple changes throughout the years) but they can all be swapped between any model year of w-body. You can bolt model year 2013 arms in the corresponding location of a 1988 model. Honestly, I do not believe going with all poly arms would be a good idea. The tri-link w-body suspension HAS to deflect throughout travel. Stiff poly bushings don't want to deflect and can bind which can cause handling deficiences and accelerated bushing wear. There is not a large amount of fore and aft pull on the trailing arms, but, there is a very large amount on the lateral links though under cornering. I think the better setup would be the BMR arms only for the lateral links, but upgrade the trailing arm to something that still has a rubber bushing in it. The now-defunct GMPP arms or the V8 arms are great upgrades, or the inexpensive dorman ones are at least better than the stock ones. This setup would allow the trailing arm to deflect so the suspension can swing properly, but the poly bushings lateral links will not deflect upon the g-forces, so the rear end should respond better, communicate better, and probably most importantly, not gain positive camber due to bushing deflection.

Edited by jman093

Thanks for the info. You definitely know more about suspension than I do. I came across a deal for the kit and that's why I was asking before I made an offer. I think it sold though:(

You can, rather cheaply build a whole new rear link setup for your first gen I replaced all 6 arms on my GP and total damage was under $150.

http://www.w-body.com/showthread.php/52415-where-to-buy-obtain-gen1-lateral-links

Just have to find someone who can weld good, and a alignment shop to do a good alignment afterwards.