95' Olds Cut Sup Conv

jtorigian

Hello members,

I just joined since I bought a 95 Cut Sup Conv the other day with 110,000 miles but runs good.

Look forward to this summer with my family of 5 to take a ride or two.

She is a project and needs the following that I'm aware of so far; brake lines, carpet, good cleaning inside and out.

Don't know much about this car's past maintenance history and not sure what to tackle first so any advice you have will be greatly appreciated.

One qustion I have to get the ball rolling is do I have a base model or SL model.

Will post more in future.

Welcome to the forum

Youll find tons of info on here

The verts are all considered base model with the convertible option.

Also last I knew there was not a replacement carpet for the verts. I believe they are still only available custom made. But do some searching on the net. New things are out there every day.

Hope to see more from you.

Post some pics of your new ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Luke94vert

I've also got a 95 and a family of 5. That's why I bought the car, I needed a convertible that seats 5. I've got 150000 on mine, it's my daily driver and is going strong. I got mine at 115,000 and I first replaced the rear brake calipers, they were locking up. Then I did the suspension (trailing arms, struts). If you've got original struts they are done, and new ones will really help the ride.

For the carpet, I have a leaky top so my rear carpet and padding got wet and mildewy. Since it's my daily driver (and I've got three kids, you understand) I didn't have time to tear out the whole interior, so I cut the carpet underneath the front seats and removed the back half. I threw away the rear section of the ruined pad, and cleaned the part of the carpet I had removed. The carpet is pretty tough, it cleaned up just fine. After fixing most of the leaks, I reinstalled the rear half and it's fine now. I don't know what's wrong with your carpet, but if you have the time to remove it then it can be cleaned. I did that with my old Mustang convertible and it cleaned up fine too. It's just a lot of work to remove.

Welcome from Long Island, good to hear there's another vert in the area!

I had pretty good luck with one of my carpets just removing it and hosing it down and scrubbing it with soap and a brush. If it doesn't have any holes you might try that. Doesn't cost anything and if you were going to take it out anyway to replace it there's no extra work either.