New gal from NC

Mercury-Regal

Here to gain Knowledge, Looking for ways to make the 99 Century look and drive better.

I was never fond with Buicks, Had a few people change my mind and I even sat in some old and brand new Buicks.

My grandma is now living with us, so since the beginning of this year the buick is my mom's.

She doesn't like it either, I didn't like it till recently, I like the looks I guess. Color is "nice". lol

The drive isn't so nice, Vibrates after 70-75mph..Makes it very uncomfortable. with the bad cloth seats it has. bad seat posture.

A little else stuff about the cars..

1999 Buick Century Custom - 64k miles, Mostly garaged.

1991 Ford Mustang GT -128k miles, Was a daily driver, always garaged. Parents owned since new.

2006 Volkswagen Jetta TDI - 187k miles, Daily driver by my parents, Mostly garaged. Bought new.

1998 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - 177k miles, My car, Garaged in the early years back when my parents first bought him in 2000 with under 28k miles.

Little 'bout me..

17, female, southerner.

Favorite thing is cars, going to college next year, probably going to take a few automotive classes. (along with welding and body work..I'm wanting to do a few projects..)

I'm hoping some day I'll have a Regal Supercharged. (: parked next to my "Markie" (mercury)

and I like taking pictures ^_^

https://www.facebook.com/jcstittphotography

post-7957-143689118202_thumb.jpg

post-7957-143689118032_thumb.jpg

post-7957-143689118046_thumb.jpg

post-7957-14368911806_thumb.jpg

post-7957-143689118072_thumb.jpg

post-7957-143689118095_thumb.jpg

post-7957-143689118107_thumb.jpg

post-7957-143689118118_thumb.jpg

post-7957-143689118128_thumb.jpg

post-7957-143689118141_thumb.jpg

post-7957-143689118152_thumb.jpg

post-7957-143689118162_thumb.jpg

post-7957-143689118175_thumb.jpg

post-7957-143689118187_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mercury-Regal

Thank you so much!

I noticed the merc had a little more rust then I thought, mainly cause the previous owner, it just had time to grow. The paint when my parents bought it was glossy, until the first wash, they use some sort of baby oil to hide all the fine scratches from the automatic car wash. But the rest of the cars are pretty much spotless. Both the mustang and jetta need new headlights, the Jetta will get some foglights installed too.

moar pictures! Took the stang out on a nice day a while ago for a photoshoot.

post office and barn being within 7 miles, and the "slow" sign is at the bottom of the community.

post-7957-143689118238_thumb.jpg

post-7957-143689118216_thumb.jpg

post-7957-143689118227_thumb.jpg

Thank you so much!

I noticed the merc had a little more rust then I thought, mainly cause the previous owner, it just had time to grow. The paint when my parents bought it was glossy, until the first wash, they use some sort of baby oil to hide all the fine scratches from the automatic car wash. But the rest of the cars are pretty much spotless. Both the mustang and jetta need new headlights, the Jetta will get some foglights installed too.

moar pictures! Took the stang out on a nice day a while ago for a photoshoot.

post office and barn being within 7 miles, and the "slow" sign is at the bottom of the community.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]11102[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]11103[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]11104[/ATTACH]

Very nice!! My inlaws have a 91 Mustang 'vert that they bought back in 92 (stored under a cover in their shed that they only break out on nice summer days), so I have a soft spot for these..

My buddy had a green grand marquis painted like a world war 2 fighter, lots of memories doing burn outs with it :D

That shot of the mustang next to the barn is sweet! Stealing for a wall paper

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Not too sure I want to mod the Century. I prefer the little changes in the Regal, the center console, and leather seats are a bonus.

Yeah, here's the photoshop of what I'm planning.

Though, I didn't learn till today that my parents told me the Salvaged titles add to the insurance cost. and it's enough already being a Marauder. (and would prefer it being rear ended so I don't have to put 4k into the front of the car. lol) I didn't want to cut a perfectly normal marauder in half, specially when they're pricey. The bed would be off a F-150. Since I plan on getting the marquis wagon, I'll drop that body on the modified F-150 Platform after the marauder sport truck conversion.

AWE-YEAH.

post-7957-143689118272_thumb.jpg

Your Buick is the same color as mine. At least I think it is (i'm colorblind). Yours looks really clean. Whenever I see these driving around now they look pretty beat. I guess they are almost 10 years old.

Used to own a 1993 MGM. LOVED that car. Rode beautifully! Definitely a cruiser... Go for that Impala SS!! Or an LS top-swapped is just as good!

Don't chop the Marauder! PLEASE! It such a rare car altogether. Even more now that Mercury doesn't exist... I've got intentions on picking one up someday... Maybe do the Mustang 5-speed swap for it :). I just don't see a sport truck out of a Marauder. Has it been done before...?

Used to own a 1993 MGM. LOVED that car. Rode beautifully! Definitely a cruiser... Go for that Impala SS!! Or an LS top-swapped is just as good!

Don't chop the Marauder! PLEASE! It such a rare car altogether. Even more now that Mercury doesn't exist... I've got intentions on picking one up someday... Maybe do the Mustang 5-speed swap for it :). I just don't see a sport truck out of a Marauder. Has it been done before...?

I think it's cool.. She not talking about taking a mint condition one and doing this.. I see no harm in taking one that has been totalled from being rear ended and doing something cool with it... Not like it would hurt the value anyway (:lol:), and it would be pretty cool looking (and fast) when done..