grand prix needs new tires

jake91

well anyways just got back discount talked me into keeping the michelins for now and giving them a longer chance. took a drive with the salesman and he though the float/roll felt more like suspension than the tires, and i will give him that as my suspension is completely shot and even with the old tires it rode like shit, but the old tires were extremely soft and would flex with the suspension. i.e. if i didn't keep them exactly at 36psi i would bottom the car out on most if not all speed bumps, curbs, etc

Edited by jake91
more info

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jake91

• WhatTheFehl

• Crazy K

• 19Cutlass94

Well update these tires are definitely broken in now. I have a little over 600 miles on them now and I have put them through there paces a few times getting them nice and hot to help break them in, and i have to say it took a bit get these to stiffen them up, but it was well worth the wait. The floating is gone and these have awesome response. they just hug the freaking road. now i need suspension to take the full potential. With my old tires on the GTP the stock L67 could light them up at anything under 16mph. these i have to be at a 7mph roll to brake them loose and that doesnt last long. We have one cloverleaf ramp in town and its rated at 25mph my record was 50mph in the GTP with the old ones its now 60mph with these. these also have much better rolling resistance also my mpg has gone up about 1.5

• 2 weeks later...
Ok i need tires for the GTP. I want something that will be good for performance and grip well but will have a 40,000 + mile tread life. right now im looking at Bridgestone Potenza G019 Grid what do you think, and what other suggestions do you have. im looking to spend around $550 for tires not including mounting and balancing.

Late post, but...

I was actually going to recommend these tires.

I put them on my '92 probably five years ago now and haven't had a single problem with them. They are a bit loud, but they grip, they shed water amazingly well, and I went through two blizzards with those rubbers and NEVER ONCE GOT STUCK. (Or at least, didn't get stuck where I couldn't get out.) I didn't catch your location before I quoted, but I love my Potenzas. I am considering another set when the Goodyear Eagles on my GTP are ready for replacing.

Oh, and I paid about 550-600 total for the set. I bought them on rockauto.com and including shipping, mounting, balancing, and old tire disposal STILL got them cheaper than I would have paid for JUST THE TIRES locally.