grand prix needs new tires

jake91

Well, the reason I advised the Yokos is because I've driven the shit out of them and they handle very well on my Outback. I've had numerous customers happy with them so far. I recommended a set for someones LGT on the Outback forums as well, that guy loves them too.

I think for what you're looking for I would still recommend the Ascends, in the H speed rating. You can't go wrong.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jake91

• WhatTheFehl

• Crazy K

• 19Cutlass94

ok made my final decision im getting Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus ordering them on tire rack is by far the cheapest and Michelin has a rebate going this months so total cost with shipping would come to $530.

ok made my final decision im getting Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus ordering them on tire rack is by far the cheapest and Michelin has a rebate going this months so total cost with shipping would come to $530.

If you haven't closed on them... try taking the print out to a local tire shop and getting them to price match. That way you can get road hazard and rotation in house and all...

If you haven't closed on them... try taking the print out to a local tire shop and getting them to price match. That way you can get road hazard and rotation in house and all...

yeah i havent yet. i didnt think of that good idea

Ok just bought the michelins they come in from Reno on Thursday

On a side note I just got congratulated by the salesman at discount tire for breaking the bank. I got 4 tires they sell at $155 a piece price matched out at $109 a piece.

When I was checking out he started laughing I said what, and he turned around the computer and said this is what we pay for them ($120) and said idk how the hell you found a deal on them this good

Ehh the only customer I've ever sold a set of Pilot Sport A/S to complained they were too loud and we had to take them off using our 30 day ride and drive guarantee. Good luck, hope you enjoy them.

I'm glad my suggestion helped you out!!!! :D it is nice when a reputable place near you can take care of your tire needs, at as little expense to you as possible.

And discount tire is where i got my Yokohama tires. I would have recommended those as being fantastic. they are on my GP.

Edited by Crazy K

Well it was nice to get such a great price on tires, but these are probably going back. I had them put on yesterday, and have driven about 150 miles on them now, and they float all over on the road I'm going to give them another 400 miles before i make my decision. as i hear tires dont break in for about 500 miles.

Edited by jake91

What chris said. my lincon ls had a set of viva 2's when i got it 3-4 months ago and i have did some bad cop slides... few brake stands.. and did a burn our competition with a buddys camaro..and they still look new, and were put on 35k miles ago :o

Well it was nice to get such a great price on tires, but these are probably going back. I had them put on yesterday, and have driven about 150 miles on them now, and they float all over on the road I'm going to give them another 400 miles before i make my decision. as i hear tires dont break in for about 500 miles.[/QUOTe]

YOKO! YOKO! YOKO! :P

Yokohama has been good to me.... I got a set of s.drives and they were AWESOME. Didn't expect much life out of them and rode them hard but I think in the end they lasted about 40k!

I'm telling ya Jake, you'll be happy with a set of Ascends. A mild Grand Touring All Season. Quiet, handle well, smooth. I love em. Excellent traction. Shame you missed out on the $75 rebate now though.

OK going to discount now. I'm giving up on these since no one thinks they will get better, and putting in a order for Yoko Advan s4. Fehl im just not a fan of grand touring tires i guess its because I've had 2 cars now with them that couldnt hold the road with them and every car we had at enterprise had touring tires and sucked to drive. Maybe those Yokos are better though, but everything I have driven that were touring were Continentals, Bridgestones, and Off brands

Edited by jake91

OK going to discount now I'm giving up on these if no one think they will get better and putting in a order for Yoko Advan s4. Fehl im just not a fan of grand touring tires i guess its because I've had 2 cars now with them that couldnt hold the road with them and every car we had at enterprise had touring tires and sucked to drive. Maybe those Yokos are better though, but everything I have driven that were touring were Continentals, Bridgestones, and Off brands

I mean, I wouldn't know anything about them. Its not like I haven't had them on my Outback for several thousand miles now. Or sold a bunch of them (sometimes more than one set per day) and had very happy customers. Look into them. Do some research.

This is a quote from user duckboy on subaruoutback.org. SE95 is my username there.

"just got the Ascends installed today. took a couple offramps at speed. these tires rock!! super comfortable and DO THEY TAKE A TURN!! lots of feedback and turn-in response is crisp and like on rails!

no inclement weather to evaluate wet weather performance. will have to wait on that till fall showers.

these tires don't compromise much. but, haven't driven an insane speeds yet. just quick speeds

SE95, thanks for the prior evaluations! wouldn't have made this purchase w/o our prior input. couldn't imagine touring tires handling THIS good!!

thanks again!"