Has anyone painted the door/window pillars and top half of the roll bar to match?

loudawg11

Has anyone painted the door/window pillars and top half of the roll bar to match the color of the car. I seen a all black vert on the net and became curious. I've seen the hard top cutlass supreme's are even painted up the front window pillars. Any input would be appreciated. BTW my vert is a 95 red with tan interior and tan top. Thanks Loudawg11

Has anyone painted the door/window pillars and top half of the roll bar to match the color of the car. I seen a all black vert on the net and became curious. I've seen the hard top cutlass supreme's are even painted up the front window pillars. Any input would be appreciated. BTW my vert is a 95 red with tan interior and tan top. Thanks Loudawg11

My personal preference is to keep them black.

You could always get a couple door handles from junk yard, paint them and try it out, if you get bored with it then you can swap them out. Or Try to photo shop some color in it.

I've seen it done a couple of times and Im not a fan at all. IMO if they need paint get them powder coated. I wound not bother doing the handles as they break too often to justify the money to paint them.

• 2 months later...

I gave it a try ...and... I like it. I was afraid to actually paint it. so I used some 8 year graphic vinyl with strong adhesive backing and this is the end result. Maybe in 8 years I'll have the whole car repainted and do the pillars and window frame

post-7367-143689118004_thumb.jpg

Looks better than I would have expectected..but I'd have left the overhead portion of the bar black, to match the top of the windshield header.

Did you paint the chrome or is it actual chrome strip?

No, the chrome auto detailing was purchased from autozone. I think it gives the car a tasteful look. Thinking as a winter project to paint the side view mirrors red to match.