Cutlass Supreme door handles

Aron Nance

We all know that they only made a little over 25,000 Cutlass convertibles from 1990-1996, and parts are new parts are hard to com by. I just found out that MotorMite (Dorman) makes/offers both left and right door handles, complete. As I have been told by several, these items are somewhat frail, and can break easily. I have also been told one might want to purchase a couple to have, "just in case". I just did! At CarQuest (where I work) the P/N's are:

MTM 77176

MTM 77175

I'm sure any reputable auto parts store will be able to order them, Special Order for you.:D I doubt seriously they will have them on the shelf.:lol:

Aron

Edited by Aron Nance

FWIW I just removed a Chinese-made auto part store handle from my vert today and replaced with a genuine GM piece. The aftermarket handles I have dealt with were such garbage with regards to fit finish and lifespan that I won't use anything else anymore. I suppose they're a good last resort, but if you can find them at your local u-pull for $5.00 I think it's a much better approach in the long run.

We all know that they only made a little over 25,000 Cutlass convertibles from 1990-1996, and parts are new parts are hard to com by. I just found out that MotorMite (Dorman) makes/offers both left and right door handles, complete. As I have been told by several, these items are somewhat frail, and can break easily. I have also been told one might want to purchase a couple to have, "just in case". I just did! At CarQuest (where I work) the P/N's are:

MTM 77176

MTM 77175

I'm sure any reputable auto parts store will be able to order them, Special Order for you.:D I doubt seriously they will have them on the shelf.:lol:

thanks aron,

that is good to know......i have replaced two on a previous cutlass. do you know if these ones at car quest are gm parts or equivalent? by the way , how did the "girls" like the oldsmobile embroidered items?:thumbsup:

cheers,

nick

(gryfan)