Lumina z34 tranny hd???

ugansmoganaj@yahoo.com

I have a 94 lumina z34 that I toasted the timing belt in go figure. I found an engine out of a 92 and when i went to put it in i realized that i have a 4t60e-hd in the car it was original no aftermarket about it. I was wondering since the 92 had a 4t60e would it work on the HD, considering one is electronic shift and the other is hydromatic. I was also under the assumption that they were only in the 95 buick rivieras with the 3800 series I supercharged. Can anyone tell me if this motor will work and if that tranny is normal to be in the car?

they are both the same transmission with very slight wiring differences between them that make it not a drop in affair. no neither of them are HD. Both are "hydramatic"

more-over a 1992 engine won't work in your 94' without changing over the front cam carrier and the front crank sensor may or may not be able to work due to the early engine not having provisions for one, but that might be able to be overcome with changing over the front timing cover.

But for all that I'd of sooner put a timing belt on the original engine before changing it.