91 Cutlass Supreme Round 2

KarenL2888

Back in 1993 I bought myself a 2 yr old Cutlass Supreme traded in at the dealership where I happened to work. Took her off the showroom floor the day she arrived and kept her 9 or ten glorious years. After some economic issues I reluctantly put a sign in the window (very small and out of sight) that read "For Sale". With a tear in my eye I walked away toward the door at work. Behind me was a guy hell bent on buying her. Within minutes she was gone. I saw her around town and wistfully thought I really really needed her home with me. But the third owner loved her. Sigh.

Last week a friend was unloading a Sebring JX and I went to look at it. 15 yrs young and not perfect but I really needed a ragtop fix. So I told her we could talk.

Then on a whim late last night I was cruising on Craigslist (something I rarely do) just checking the Vert market and there she was! My 91 Sebring Silver Cutlass Supreme 'Vert with maroon leather. She has more than twice the miles I left her with, topping 107,000 now, but even the peeling silver metallic and broken trunk spring wont stop me from bringing her home on Monday. Owner #1, 2 years, GM employee. Owner #2 me, 41,000 miles. Owner #3 current owner 107,000 miles. Owner #4 as of monday, ME! She needs some TLC but she is coming home!

Number of Sebring Silver 91's with red leather and white roof, THREE. Number dear to my heart, only one. Welcome home little girl! Welcome home.

That is very cool, sad you had to let her go the first time but Im glad you got your car back. I can't wait to see some more pics and your progress with your car!

so...in summary...paint, trunk spring, mode button for steering wheel, who reupholsters ONE seat?, sun visors broken, two small rust spots. All in all....quite fixable.

very nice story. Hope you can make it nice. Myself I have a 91 vert that is black on black with formerly red leather interior, but she has been broken forever and a decade...

shop for used visors from a later model cutlass supreme that are made of plastic. hell, I should have a pair. i also have s set of trunk springs....

The beauty of the story is the ex sold it and now he is the ex and the car is a keeper! LOL. I will take those sun visors off your hands if you want. Otherwise I think I will break out the sewing machine and recover and repair. I need the stupid little MODE button off the steering wheel. And yes, the guy I bought it from said he had no idea I wanted it back. I said ...of course not! You would have listed it for more $$ ! LOL.

I drove her to dinner last night. Sure cant beat an old GM V6 for rumble. She isnt perfect, but she can be. Thanks all for the welcomes! Karen