New to the GP world

Project-98-GT

Hey guys/gals, I'm Tom 28 from Minnesota. I just bought a 98 GP GT 4door. I found it on craigslist for $1000.00 just needed a bit of work. It needed a power steering pump, plugs and wires, and valve cover gaskets. Other than that it needs just a bit of body work very minor work. Oh it only has 89k on the clock. I'm looking to do a few mods to it but I don't really know much about the mods for these cars as of yet so some incite of some bolt on mods would be great. I have been looking at some of the aftermarket headlights and taillights and I think I found a set of both that I like. And I'm going to get a K&N CAI but other than that I have no idea what to do. Here are a few pics

post-7407-143689100825_thumb.jpg

post-7407-143689100808_thumb.jpg

post-7407-143689100813_thumb.jpg

post-7407-143689100818_thumb.jpg

post-7407-143689100822_thumb.jpg

Welcome! Nice GP!!

Remember, It's not all about the mods, but the overall condition of the car. Start small with some deep cleaning and/or fixing non perfect factory parts! :D :thumbsup:

Thanks, I want to get the body fixed and repainted there are maybe 5 minor spots that need bondo. I just want some small engine mods. I want to keep her N/A but I want to get her breathing better and exhaling better. Like some headers and full exhaust system.

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome!

Make sure essential maintenance is done before any engine mods.

Oil & filter change

Fuel filter

Tranny filter & fluid change

Coolant flush

Metal lower intake manifold gasket <- important if it hasn't been done yet.

The first mod I would go for besides a cone filter intake would be the HV3 insert from ZZP. It's about $200 but will give you an extra 20HP or so. You could also upgrade your TB to an L67 one($50-ish used). U-bend delete, and get a tune(around $150-200 or so.) Those few things, for under $500, could put you up into the GTP power range or more while still being N/A.

Don't waste your money on K&N CAI! You can make your own for under $50. It's just a tube with a cone filter on the end.

And as long as it's maintained from here on out, you could put on another 300k miles. Those engines are bulletproof! Some people have even gone turbo with 200k+ on the clock. They aren't fireproof however so make sure the injector o-rings get replaced as well as the fuel line coupler o-rings.