2002 Pontiac Grand Prix - Headlights/Taillights Replacement Suggestions

Stevo

Hi again.

Anyone have some suggestions for replacement Headlights and Taillights?

My taillights are delaminating as per usual GP tails and one of my headlights is held together by duct tape (just falling apart or coming 'unglued'). Also my headlights shake/vibrate substantially for some reason when I drive and I can't seem to find out why.

I'm looking for replacements and I am curious if I should replace with the same style or change them. The only problem is that other styles are god awful tacky.

Thanks in advance.

The headlight brackets tend to crack and cause the bounce...

Are you looking for stock replacements? For headlights, I like the black housing headlights but there is a new option for both headlights and taillights but they are kinda pricey

The crack must be in an area that I will find when I remove the assembly.

I don't want to go with a set of HID lamps due to the shakeyness of the laws around these parts. It's bad enough I have tinted windows. I wouldn't mind stock but I think the end result will be the same.

Consider getting a set of the new LED tails. I have had mine for about a year and have had no issues. Plus they are much brighter than stock lights. For headlights just get some stock replacements. The ebay black headlights have a smaller chrome reflector just so you know. That is why the light output is poor with them. Do it yourself black headlights with stock replacements is a much better option.

You should be able to find a set of lights on ebay for around $100. When looking see if they come with the brackets to put them in the car because I think some of the replacements are sold that way.

LED tails are nice and those can be had for around $200.

I got my OEM style tails off Ebay, which were the cheapest i could find, and they have been great. I got my OEM headlight housing from Amazon, TYC brand i think, i would not recommend them as 1 already has condensation in the headlight.

Thanks for the heads up on the product. I just want to squeeze out a few more years on this vehicle with some grace by fixing all the neglected issues. Perhaps I will give this car to a relative with the hopes that it will be in a more than reasonable condition. Major problems are trying to keep people from running into it especially when I am not around as it appears that silver is the colour to paint a vehicle if you wish it to be invisible. The transmission needs to be replaced but I that is another matter which I suspect traction control to be the problem.

Can anyone post images of suggested head and tail lights? The stuff I have searched is so god awful that I would be embarrassed to think of putting it on any vehicle.