Picked up my '94 Cutlass convertible 3.4 today

Redpine

I picked up the Cutlass today, runs very well, couldn't find any paper work that said the timing belt was changed in 79,000, but it has had 2 sets of brakes, transmission fluid was changed at 50k, otherwise records are for oil changes, battery and tires, nothing major. The 2nd owner didn't think the timing belt had been done. It rides a little rough, I need to order shocks and struts for it, any suggestions as to wha brand, model etc.?

The plastic inerior rattles, hoping new shocks will help. Plans before I drive it further are new timing belt kit, rad. hoses, water pump, heater hoses, probably a thermostat also. I'm wondering about the power steering hoses, they are 18 years old also, any thoughts? Anything else that is easier to get to when doing the timing belts that should be replaced??

Will post pictures soon, please advise on anything else I should do.

Thanks,

Dan

Congrats on picking up your CSC. Definitely looking forward to pictures. I put KYB Gr2 struts on my car and I really like that way it rides.

My buddy has KYB 4 way adjustable shocks on his gt and its ridiculous, And my other buddy just put on some kyb excel g's or whatever, those ride very nice too, Stiffer it feels like, but how can you judge from worn suspension to brand new :), Kyb's are nice, i like em.

• 2 months later...

I just purchased a 93 about the same time. I believe that you should replace the water pump with the timing belt -- also replace all the belt idlers at the same time.

How is the top - i tried to replace the top on mine but screwed it up- had to have a pro finish and he was not good either.