Twin turbo 3.4L???

phantomshado

i hear the getrag 282 dosnt handle much more then the 4t60e if not the same..

Unless you have a transmisson for it. runing twin turbo would be utterly stuipd and a waist of money for the benifits compaired to 1 turbo at safe psi levels.

Well you can build up a 282 to handle Tones of power ask the Fiero guys they have crate 355's and Built 350's with 500HP connected to it...so there must be a kit to make it handle the power.

and who said anything about being a waist of money...Duh of course it is for god sakes its a FWD midsize family car....now if we where going to do something productive we would be rebuilding a GTO, 70-72 Cutlass conv.

60's camero something like that.....

I hope you mean 3rd Gen F-bodies, because 4th Gen ones are a pain in the arse to work on. Try changing the spark plugs on an LT1 camaro

thats why you just get a corvette the easiest car I have ever done was C4 corvette

Trade ya! Work on a Stealth/3000GT twin Turbo once! Or even a 300ZX TT

its not that bad once you get it up on the lift and Drop the carrage with the motor on it ...LOL but it is a PITA

More then likely. You use forged pistons and forged H beam rods and you still got problems with the crank and main caps. Doesn't matter much if they are new or not, 14psi is reaching 450hp and the stock bottom end was just not designed for that. Not saying that its not possible but I wouldn't be suprised if your engine blew shortly afterwards.

I have performance forged alum pistons, i forgot the company, a big company tho, popular with small blocks. the crank and main caps are new, but stock replacements. and the rings and bearings are new, and they are also high performance ones that costed a lot. now whether it can handle it or not is no question, it doesnt matter, cuz i wont ever have a turbo for this car. well, not in the near future anyway.

I have performance forged alum pistons, i forgot the company, a big company tho, popular with small blocks. the crank and main caps are new, but stock replacements. and the rings and bearings are new, and they are also high performance ones that costed a lot. now whether it can handle it or not is no question, it doesnt matter, cuz i wont ever have a turbo for this car. well, not in the near future anyway.

That'll work then. Boost is plain out hard on engines.