Sloppy front calipers on GP

Red Nightmare

Was checking out my brakes today, had some issues with the back ones (since solved)

Anyways the front calipers seem to not be real tight on the guide bolts. I know they are not suppose to bind or seize but it seems they just kind of wiggle. I had to go to the junkyard to get something and while I was there I checked out a couple front brakes on other GPs and it seemed like this wiggling was common. I would just grip the caliper with my hand and try to move it in every direction. Of course on all non-binded brakes the calipers would move in every direction and not just slide back and forth.

The back calipers on my car slide easily along the guide pins (after clean and re-lube guide pins) of the bracket but certainly don't wiggle.

So is this yet another stupid defect of some GM cars with the front guide pins wearing out so bad that the calipers actually move that much? I find it hard to believe that they are suppose to just kind of sit there. Sometimes over bumps I can hear the driver side one rattle.